Video: Violent Shootings Leave Residents, Cops In Jersey City On Edge

admin

Administrator
Staff member
  • CBS 2's Christine Sloan spoke with officials about what may be causing the violence.

Last edited by a moderator:

Determined2014

I wonder if there will come a day when this violence will come to ease up, that would be a great achievement, for there will be peace.

Profit5500

I wonder if there will come a day when this violence will come to ease up, that would be a great achievement, for there will be peace.

Peace would always be a empty bowl lying on the ground. Even if you could create a treaty between citizen and criminal there is always lines that are crossed from either side. Violence has been there since the beginning of time when the first set of life was on Earth. I am no scientist but I don't think that we would be able to be in peace even with more strict laws violence would persist.

Kate

Peace would always be a empty bowl lying on the ground. Even if you could create a treaty between citizen and criminal there is always lines that are crossed from either side. Violence has been there since the beginning of time when the first set of life was on Earth. I am no scientist but I don't think that we would be able to be in peace even with more strict laws violence would persist.

This is the way I see it, too. "World peace" with people hugging and dancing on rainbows in lala land just isn't going to happen. World peace... or even city peace isn't going to happen just because people chant for it.

When I was a kid, it seemed possible. When I was a teenager, I wrote poems about it. But then I became an adult and the reality that it just wasn't realistic hit me. The idea of "world peace" really is just an illusion. Hamas and ISIS, etc. truly are *not* going to ever want to play nice.

*Sooooo* the answer is finding the tools to best deal with it instead of trying to "chant it away." Oh great, now I have that old Give Peace a Chance song going through my head... if I start swaying like a hippy, stop me!

ic3squid

World peace will never be ever truly achieved, there is always a minority of the world that just doesn't come to peace.

Ricardo187

Well, it's scary. I'd be worried if I lived there because you never know when you're walking on the street, you risk to be caught by a lost bullet or even confused with someone else and be taken down as a revenge for something.

cpefley

That is so terrible. It must be so frustrating for people not to feel safe in their own neighborhood.

milyjohnson

I live in New Jersey. I live in Newark, which is not too far from Jersey City. I never even heard of this story. I know I would have been scared if I were there. It is sad that you aren't safe in your own neighborhood.

Rainman

Conspiracy theorists claim that these shootings are supposed to make the people to call for stricter gun laws. The government [according the conspiracy theorists] have a hand in all this so that when you scream for the government's help they'll ask you to hand over your guns so they can protect you. But whether there's a conspiracy [to make gun ownership illegal] or not, in future I'm sure there will be fewer guns on the streets.

Riggy

Can't even feel safe in your own living area. Not only is this obviously terrible but it's incredibly dangerous for people's well being. They may pass on out-going activities with either friends or family and end up missing days of work because they don't feel they can leave their house. This can lead to terrible psychological damage and really mess with people's heads. This world is messed up.

Profit5500

This is the way I see it, too. "World peace" with people hugging and dancing on rainbows in lala land just isn't going to happen. World peace... or even city peace isn't going to happen just because people chant for it.

When I was a kid, it seemed possible. When I was a teenager, I wrote poems about it. But then I became an adult and the reality that it just wasn't realistic hit me. The idea of "world peace" really is just an illusion. Hamas and ISIS, etc. truly are *not* going to ever want to play nice.

*Sooooo* the answer is finding the tools to best deal with it instead of trying to "chant it away." Oh great, now I have that old Give Peace a Chance song going through my head... if I start swaying like a hippy, stop me!
Regardless of all the sources available to us you would not be able to stop the violence. More strict gun laws would just amp up the criminals who are already here. Then you would have more chaos likes riots. I would not even go there with that nonsense because many law makers have failed more than the rounds in the guns magazine. I would not blame the police for being on edge especially since the Jersey police station got shot up a while back.