Virginia Parents Charged With Felony Neglect

Anthony

Super Moderator
Virginiaparents.jpg
Parents in Virginia have been arrested after their baby was found dead in their home.
Adam Jerell Vince Alexander, 21, and Jasmyne Alexandria Alexander, from Prince William County face charges of felony child neglect after they left the 9-month-old girl unattended for 16 hours in her crib and she died, police said.
The parents left the infant in her crib “without checking on her welfare,†police said. Detectives say she was put into her crib around 8:30 p.m. on October 4th and was found unresponsive around 12:30 p.m. on October 5th.
According to police, the parents were up drinking last Saturday night and left the little girl unattended.
The couple told police they haven't taken the infant for routine doctor appointments for seven months “even though they noticed a potential breathing problem four weeks before this incident.â€
They also have a 2-year-old girl, who is now in the care of family members.
According to authorities, a court date is pending and they are each being held on a $10,000 bond.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gelsemium

This is totally shocking, their faces in the picture don't even show love or remorse, do they actually cared?

sharpayvargas1

It looks like they also care about their child. The one with the mother is actually a sweet photo. Maybe they just don't know how to take good care of infants and they had lots of fun so they forgot the baby. That's what we call real negligence.

Strykstar

How can they leave their child alone for 16 hours?!?
Even not taking the baby to the doctor for 7 months shows how irresponsible they were, the State should have taken their baby away a long time ago.

Muthoni

When I first read the story, I thought that this was their first baby. I am surprised that they were able to raise a daughter until she was two years old with this kind of attitude. I think people should be vetted before they can be allowed to have children because this is so heartbreaking.

caparica007

In fact, out to drink and let the baby unattended? These guys have the priorities all messed up and the result is this tragedy. :(

pattycake

That is so sad. The mother did not tend to her baby but I'll bet that she stayed busy tending to her husband. As if he is her baby. Sigh...Will this wave of horror ever end?

mimsee

So truly sad...the baby probably suffered alone for a while before passing and that's what upsets me the most. She died alone.

SF13

I had a brother born one year before me. He died of SIDS and my mother hovered over us from what I hear. Leaving an infant, that small, unattended for 16 hours is practically asking for trouble.