Washington Navy Yard Reopens

Anthony

Super Moderator
The Washington Navy Yard re-opened at 6 a.m. Thursday, three days after the mass shooting in which Aaron Alexis killed 12 people.
A letter from Vice Adm. Bill French to employees said Thursday was a "regular workday."
"I join with you in grieving for our Navy Yard colleagues and Navy family who were senselessly gunned down on Monday," French wrote. "But as we grieve, we also stand strong, knowing that our inner strength and the ideals for which we work and train and fight are infinitely stronger than gun-wielding individuals."
Navy spokeswoman Lt. Cmdr. Sarah Flaherty said building 197, where the shootings occurred will remain closed. She also said the gym is being used as a staging area for the FBI to investigate Monday's shooting.
"I'd rather not be here today," said Judy Farmer, a scheduler from Manassas, Va., one of those who returned for the first time since Monday.
Another employee Bob Flynn said, "I feel good because I got to see my co-workers that I went through this with," Flynn said. "I get to hug people, and everybody gets the hugs and we get to talk about it and I think it's going to be helpful."
Flynn recalled Monday’s shooting, saying he was hiding in an office in Building 197 with four colleagues during the shooting.
"It seemed like it lasted forever as we were hearing gunshots and not knowing what was going on," Flynn said. "When they finally rescued us later, I had to walk over the body of a very dear friend of mine and, you know, that's hard to get out of my head."
Law enforcement officials are still trying to determine a motive for the shooting.

Attachments

• zznavyyard.jpg
    zznavyyard.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 55