Washington State School Shooting

Anthony

Super Moderator
MarysvillePilchuckHighSchool.jpg
A gunman opened fire in a high school north of Seattle, killing one student and himself and critically wounding four others, said Marysville Police Commander Robb Lamoureux.
Three students were shot in the head and the fourth victim was shot in the jaw, all four were transported to Providence Regional Hospital.
The incident began around 11 a.m. local time inside the cafeteria at Marysville Pilchuck High School, about 35 miles north of Seattle.
The shooter entered the school's cafeteria, and walked up to a table with students. "He came up from behind and fired about six bullets into the backs of them," said witness Jordan Luton. "They were his friends, so it wasn't just random," he added.
Another student, Austin Taylor said he was sitting at a table about 10 feet from the shooter.
"I just got done eating my food," Taylor said. "He was quiet, everyone was talking. All of sudden he stands up, pulls something out of his pocket. At first I thought it was someone making a really loud noise like a bag, a loud pop. There were four more after that. I saw three kids just fall from the table, like they were falling to the ground dead. I jumped under the table as fast as I could. When it stopped, I got back up and saw he was trying to reload his gun. And when that happened, I just ran in the opposite direction and I was out of there as fast as I could."
Students and teachers evacuated the school and gathered on the lawn. Other students were loaded into school buses and transported to nearby location.
Lamoureux said that police are continuing to search the school.
A FBI spokesperson in Seattle said they were sending personnel to the school to help authorities with the investigation.
More details in this post will be released as soon as they are made available. Check back for more information.

Last edited by a moderator:

mimsee

Wow, so the gunman was a student...who was just sitting there eating his lunch with his "friends" when he suddenly got up and shot them all in the head? What goes on in these peoples' minds to make them do this >.< I hope that the four students who are in the hospital make a full recovery.

Gelsemium

All the anger and frustration from some students lead them to do this at schools, I feel that access to gun should not be as easy as it is.

Muthoni

Since these kids are in high schools, they must be teens. They are impressed with their friends and something must have happened between them. It is so difficult to tell what goes on with teens because most of them are quite and moody. Now we will never know what provoked this teen to do what he did; I hope that he finds the peace he did not have while living. Quick recovery to the injured kids.

Peninha

Shooting at school are the most scary things I can imagine as a parent, it's suppose that our kids are safe there right?

caparica007

That's true, schools have to be safe places and there is no way to do it, but to removing easy access to guns.

SF13

People like to blame guns and access for things like this. I am sorry, but I find that asinine. The gun did not make this kid call his friends to make sure they were at the table. He had serious issues; issues that need to be addressed.

I find it hard to swallow that some of the survivors 'forgive their friend for his actions.' That is garbage. If someone I trusted and felt was my best friend decided to try and murder me for 'frustrations, or any other reason.' I would not feel 'forgiveness.' I feel that it is inappropriate to forgive someone who committed blatant murder, especially when the guy called them in advance to make sure they would be there.

shandrum

I hate to hear about school shootings. They are becoming more and more prevalent. I hear of at least 2 a month. It doesn't seem that the issue is improving with the said number of actions and precautions that school districts say they are putting into place. I think it needs to be reexamined and new strategies need to be implemented. From what I can see and read, the current strategies are not working to keep students and schools safe.