West Jordan Police Looking For Missing Officer

Anthony

Super Moderator
attachment.php

Police in West Jordan, Utah are asking for the public's help in locating one of their own police officers who has been missing since Tuesday morning.

Jedediah "JR" Steadman, 34, left his house Tuesday morning after having a disagreement with his wife, according to a statement from the West Jordan Police Department. Steadman, a seven-year veteran of the police department has not been seen or heard from his family since leaving his residence.

West Jordan Police Sgt. Dan Roberts said police have searched throughout West Jordan. "Steadman's wife and family are understandably very concerned and express their love and support." "They are confident their disagreements can be worked out," police department stated.

According to authorities, Steadman is an "avid outdoorsman" who loves to go hunting and fishing. They said it could be possible that Steadman has become stranded somewhere.

"We have no reason to believe anything of suicide or harm to himself or anybody else, or foul play, nothing," Roberts said. "We have no indications for any of that."

Steadman has brown hair, brown eyes, is about 5 feet 9 inches tall and weighs about 160 pounds. He left his house in a blue 1998 Dodge pickup truck. The Utah license plate is B963D, and it features a fallen officer memorial decal.

Authorities are asking anyone with information or has seen Steadman to call the police department at 801-840-4000 with case number 14H018087.

"We won't give up the search effort. We're getting to the point now that he's past his weekend and he's expected to be on duty, and we'll stick with it until we find him," Roberts said.

attachment.php

Attachments

• OfficerSteadman.jpg
    OfficerSteadman.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 581
  • Steadman.jpg
    Steadman.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:

dolittle94

I really hope that this is not an attack on the police force with cases like the Ferguson case in mind. That would be such a stupid move to make and it's going to cause a butt load of problems and not solve anything.

missbishi

His family must be out of their minds with worry. I really hope it's nothing serious and that he is located soon.

Sweetheart

I don't know, but it doesn't look good. Four days, this is probably not normal for him. Not getting a good feeling with this. I'd like to think maybe he just wants some time to himself, but it doesn't fit. Clearly they need to comb where he hunts and fishes. A disagreement could have sent him in a different direction from his original intention.

Gelsemium

Yeah, I too hope that this is not an attack and that the police officer appear soon unharmed, that is the most important.

Onionman

Hopefully all that's happened is that he's gone somewhere, banged his head, got a bit disoriented and will be found and taken home. Unfortunately, too many of these type of stories end with a bit of human tragedy.

Gelsemium

The issue here is that the days keep passing and he is still missing, so the longer he's missing the smaller the chances he appears.