What a reunion!

IshieVonDyson

What a heartwarming story. And what a forgiving young man, to hold no resentments against his birth mother. I love reading about things that work out so well like this. Thank you for sharing.

lushlala

Wow, fantastic, heart warming story indeed. This young man seems very blessed. Everyone around him is so nurturing and caring towards him. -and clearly, the family he was adopted by is a decent family who raised him well and instilled in him the value of forgiveness. Some people would have been bitter towards the mother who dumped them in a skip full of rubbish within hours of being born, but he's ready to forgive his biological mother and find closure. I have a tear in my eye! I just love stories like this, they just show you that there is good in the world :)

Rainman

The police officer wanted to adopt him. Think of that. Find an abandoned kid and his first thought isn't, which orphanage shall we send him to? He wanted to raise the kid. Strange that the biological dad would claim he'd been searching for his son for years when he probably broke off the relationship with his mother when he learned she was expecting.

thegrey1

I had the same thoughts about the police officer wanting to adopt him. That's one of the things that made the reunion so poignant. I'm sure he fell in love with that baby the minute he saw him.

JoanMcWench

I'm pretty sure this officer knew that it was a great thing he did back '89 but to get the gift of seeing how one person's actions helped create the person standing in front of you thanking you today? That's a tear jerker. Sometimes it's not a thankless job.

missbishi

Aw, this really is such a lovely story. There is a lot of good in this world and it doesn't hurt to be reminded of this occasionally.

Gabe

People should remember the police do good things. I read also the biological father has come forward and the mother as well. He is lucky and it's great that he has closure on everything now.