What are the advantages of being a neighbor of a police officer?

dariel2323

I think that many of you will be with my question and answer it. You have a neighbour honest policeman, trained, trained and have love for the neighborhood, can be very important, because that person can protect us and can do many useful things for the sector. What is your opinion?

Gelsemium

The advantages is that if you have a good relation with him you can annoy him from time to time when you need something haha. ;)

shilpa123

I believe there are quite a lot of advantages of having a police officer as a neighbor. A lot of people will think twice before committing crime in such regions where the police officer stays. Also, he can help you with the procedures of the police department to do anything over there.

DancingLady

I live right across the street from the police station and I love it, I feel very safe here because nobody is going to commit a crime when the cops are yards away, that's just stupid, they would get caught so fast.

missamanda819

I think, if you have a good relationship with the officer, it can be a great thing. It would make me feel more safe. At the very least, he/she would be a great resource for information - like this forum. I would probably bug them with questions all the time. Lol.

cc1001

I would like to have a police officer as a neighbor. I would have subconscious sense of security knowing officer lives very close to me. They are trained to be alert and ready to take necessary action as needed. I live in an apartment complex. We have security officers patrolling the complex most nights. I like that. I feel safer with someone watching out for us.

jeremy2

One important advantage is a thorough understanding of your areas laws and following them to the letter. You will have to abide by them at all times,well,most of the time just in case your cop neighbor is on the lookout. The good thing is that you can rest assured that in case an intruder breaks in, help is always next door.

Onionman

I'm not really sure that I'd see any advantage. You'd certainly have to be more aware of your own behavior, as he'll probably happily pull you up for noise issues and so on. Maybe if you live in a rough neighborhood and there are a lot of hoodlums roaming the streets it might be of benefit. But I wouldn't generally think it's an issue one way or another.

shreklock

Wouldn't other police officers or other help get to you more quickly when it is called by said officer? Besides that, thiefs would be afraid to rob a house near an officer.

Josie

I would hate to live by one. First, if a bad guy ever found out where they live, I would be scared for my family's safety. Second, if they didn't like you and they're a bit coocoo.. things could get "only in the movies" like. I already have a cop stalker.. I know full well how "human" they actually are. It's nice to think they could keep the neighbourhood safe, but they're just as likely to think they can do anything, break all the rules and sit on their butts when *beep* hits the fan.

Gabe

I think it's a good thing. First you have someone to ask advice on regarding the law and also they are good as character witnesses for documents. Here in the UK you need a police officer, lawyer or doctor to countersign photos so they are useful. Also they can be good referees for resumes.

GlacialDoom

It's basically a "get out of jail" card, if you get along well with him. Well, not jail, but out of tickets and stuff. However, if you don't get along with him well, it might be a nightmare for you.

Rosyrain

My neighbor is a police officer and I always feel very safe when he is home. I live in a good community anyway, but it is nice knowing that help is close if I need it. Plus we always have good conversations and I learn a lot about police work.

PriscillaKing

A police officer lived around the block from my husband and me in a suburb in Prince Georges County, Maryland. P.G. is sometimes stereotyped as a rougher place than most of it is. Actually that was a very nice neighborhood...I think people were trying to show that a multiethnic community could work, and that a neighborhood on the edge of an officially defined city could take care of itself despite the city's neglect...but having an apparently nice, honest cop in the neighborhood didn't hurt anything. We had almost no crime, very little noise, hardly any littering--the garbage men would pick up things that fell out of bins.