What are your favorite cop/criminal shows?

mrsbright

And, are they any kind of realistic in the way they portray cops, crimes and case solving? What do you like the most about it?

Mine are Sherlock (okay, he's not a cop, he's a sociopathic consulting detective, whatever!) and White Collar, mostly. I can't really imagine either of them would be too realistic, but I just like how smart it is, and the dynamics between the main characters are awesome! I'm not too much a fan of shows like CSI or NCSI, though. I guess I like my teams to be a bit more small scale?

primalclaws1974

The real police shows I like are "Cops" (it's on like 23 seasons!), "The First 48" and "Cold Case" (documentary). Scripted shows includes "Cold Case" (the other one), "Criminal Minds", all of the "Law and Order" series, all of the "CSI" shows, "The Killing" (American version), and a host of police shows no longer on, like "The Shield". Two newer shows I am just getting into are "Forever" and "The Blacklist".

DancingLady

I used to watch Bones. I liked the science and mystery aspect of it most. I don't know how realistic it is as far as actual detective work and crime lab work though.

Kittyworker

Well I'm a big fan of the Dexter books and the first few seasons of the show was pretty good as well. I also watch, Law & Order, JAG, NCIS, Criminal Minds, and Lie to Me. Of them all I would have to say Law & Order is my favorite followed by Homicide and NYPD Blue. I know, they are all old series, I just don't like the ones that rely on high tech so much.

LitoLawless

I've always liked Cold Case and NCIS. My mom would be watching those shows from time and I would have to stop and watch sometimes because the stories were so intriguing. Person of Interest is also a interesting show too.

stevesxs9

My favorite cop/criminal show is criminal minds. But I also like the first 48, the FBI files, Dexter, the new detectives, cold case files, law and order, and CSI.

ally79

Cop type shows are my favorites and I like Bones, CSI, Criminal Minds, Law and Order SVU, and Dexter. I like NYPD Blue as well even though it's an older one. I will have to check into some of the others you guys have mentioned.

GlacialDoom

My favorite cop show is The Mentalist, but I can't really say I've watched any other cop shows. I was busy one day, flicking through TV channels, when I stopped on a lesser known channel, and it had The Mentalist on. It seemed interesting, so I thought I don't have anything better to do or watch, so I watched that, and I liked it a lot.

fliktor7

I loved Dexter, he was a criminal, but the show was great xD
I algo enjoyed CSI or Castle, and now I'm seeing Gotham, based of the world of Batman, but he isn't the main character, that is officer Gordon, a cop.

Ah! And also the two seasons of The following, with Kevin Bacon as a policeman, that one was awesome, maybe my favourite one

Mackmax

I like the criminal shows on I.D, but sometimes they can be too boring or too graphic. I normally watch them with friends or else I get too scared because I'm a big chicken, lol. My favorite shows on that channel are Deadly Women, 48 hours, and I (Almost) Got Away With It.

Kittyworker

I loved Dexter, he was a criminal, but the show was great xD
I algo enjoyed CSI or Castle, and now I'm seeing Gotham, based of the world of Batman, but he isn't the main character, that is officer Gordon, a cop.

Ah! And also the two seasons of The following, with Kevin Bacon as a policeman, that one was awesome, maybe my favourite one

These are also great, add them to my list as well! It is really hard to have ONE favourite crime show. Just so many well scripted quality series out there.

oraclemay

I really enjoy CSI and law and order. These programs are of such a high standard and the drama is just so great. They are filled with intrigue and personal drama that everyone can identify with. There are so many realistic situations and problems that everyday people are dealing with.

bala

I ma not sure if this falls under the right genre but yeah i love 24 and i am pretty much up to date with the show.It is the first one i ever started watching and that is the reason i still stick to it.It is great but the same stuff is repeated all over.