What can happen if you sell alcohol to a minor

toddkohn

I am going to court next month and I just want to know if you work in a liquor store and you sell alcohol to a minor will it be on your criminal record?

GemmaRowlands

It depends the circumstances surrounding the occasion, but yes, there are times that it could go on your record. You need to take a lesson from this and make sure that you never do it again in the future - if of course you are allowed to continue selling alcohol at all. It can be difficult sometimes because people can look older than they are, but if you are in any doubt at all about the age that they are, you should ask them for identification.

bala

In here,it is an offence and it surely depends on where you live.Moreover,it also depends if you just sell it to him,or you sell him a drink.They vary in meanings and punishments too.The former can sometimes let you go scot free,but the latter sure is an imprisonment term.

btatro

You should not engage in those activities in the first place. I hope everything goes well for you.

I'm fairly certain this person is/was aware of their wrong-doing, and you have made a post, it seems, to simply post, and not answer the question. Yes, this is something that could go on your record. There will also likely be a fine attached to this citation, if that had not been given already.

Profit5500

Read your state law on what it says when it comes to selling alcohol to minors. I would not sell any to underage kids its asking for trouble. Just make sure you have all your prove when you go to court.

Ricardo187

Depends on where you live and the occasion it happened in. Details are important. Some people look older, others don't and some even fake their IDs. It's a complicated case and all I suggest is that you show yourself to be sorry and not willing to repeat, while on the court.

Profit5500

Depends on where you live and the occasion it happened in. Details are important. Some people look older, others don't and some even fake their IDs. It's a complicated case and all I suggest is that you show yourself to be sorry and not willing to repeat, while on the court.
That ends up being the scary case in this situation. Some of the teens look like they are adults and others look like young kids and are older than they look.

KrustyKrabella

Another thing that hasn't been mentioned is that your store will most likely have to pay a hefty fine and could possibly lose their liquor license over it. You may also have consequences to pay at you place of employment.

Good luck!

Profit5500

Another thing that hasn't been mentioned is that your store will most likely have to pay a hefty fine and could possibly lose their liquor license over it. You may also have consequences to pay at you place of employment.

Good luck!
That is right you have to pay a fine and lose the liquor license. You would have to be careful with that case so yeah good luck with that case.

Lin

Yep, it varies by state. I did find you this which covers everything that doesn't vary by state, you'll need to look up specifics for your own state. Supplying Alcohol to Minors | Criminal Law

Hope this helps some!
Interesting post. I wouldn't sell alcohol to a minor in the first place though. Let him or her go into a supermarket and pick up one for him or herself. If I wanted to sell the minor, I could probably buy it in my name...i don't know

milyjohnson

I wish you luck during your court case. I am not sure what happens if you sell alcohol to minors. Some minors look old now so it's hard to tell if they are old enough to buy alcohol.

Marishu

Yeah, depend on where you live selling alcohol is illegal when selling git to a minor and you'll be in big trouble by the police and get arrested. You have to be 21 or older to buy/drink alcohol.

Profit5500

21 is the age to be able to buy booze but I would not be so quick to fork over a beer to a minor. There are some minors who can look adult like. I know this since I went to high school there were some people who looked like they were 23 when they were actually 17.

LuckyGirl08

It really depends on the state. I was done like this before when I worked in a grocery store at the age of 16, except I was set up by the police. They sent a female in there that looked way over 21 but come to find out she was only 19. I didn't get charged but my boss was mad because that was like the 3rd time the police done that.

AlexF15

I'd assume both of you would get in trouble. Illegal distribution of alcohol to minors, and the minor that drunk it would get in a lot of trouble as well.

askanison

Most times there are hefty fines for the store and they can fine the cashier that sold the alcohol without carding if they want. I have seen stores and bars closed because they had their license revoked for not carding. When I was growing up it was relatively easy to go buy beer because there were always stores that never carded.