What can I do for a sore knee?

zacloces

My knee has been sore for a couple of weeks now, not really swollen or in pain just a little sore. How do I treat a sore knee?

stafoyt

Put ice on your knee after working out. Try a knee support and maybe put ketoprofen gel on it and see if that helps.

bala

Apply ice pack daily around the affected surface to minimize swelling.Make sure the affected area is at a height when you apply the ice pack.It allows a free flow of blood and in turn faster healing.Do some Knee-chest exercises or a hamstring stretch maybe,but be sure not to stress it too much.It should be ok within a week.

Gelsemium

Ice is good virtually for anything, but you can also try some anti-inflammatory and reduce efforts on the knee. As for the ice, whenever you can do 30 minutes ice and 30 minutes rest, the more ice you do the better, you'll notice the difference.

ic3squid

Put an ice pack surrounded by a cloth on your knee, then take some anti-inflammatory pills such as ibuprofen, rest a lot. You need your knee to heal, if you can't rest then don't start instantly running, just walk.

Doulachic79

I would see if your doctor can give you some meloxicam which is an anti inflammatory. Also taking an MSM supplement can help tremendously with joint health.

askanison

Also your diet may be helping to contribute to your pain. Broccoli has properties closely akin to aspirin and Brussel sprouts or cabbage has great anti-inflammatory properties. If you don't like veggies or the taste you can try juicing and make yourself a smoothie or a juice mixture with veggies to help ease some of your discomfort. Try eating salmon, sardines, mackerel, trout, flax seeds and walnuts on a regular basis also. They have the good omega fats that will help with joint pain.

Determined2014

I would use cold compressions to treat the knee, by using ice packs,that would bring the swelling down and it will also help with the soreness.