What do police officers think of the War on Drugs?

Is the War on Drugs a failure

• Yes, it is

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No, it isn't

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

diecarmona

A recent poll showed that most Britons thought the War on drugs was a failure (the Guardian had an article for it recently). I was wondering what police officers thought of this subject. Do you think the War on Drugs has been a failure? Do you think illegal drugs should be decriminalised? What do you think of the Uruguay government's move to legalize marijuana?

Very interested to hear your thoughts on this. Cheers.

Moosh10

A recent poll showed that most Britons thought the War on drugs was a failure (the Guardian had an article for it recently). I was wondering what police officers thought of this subject. Do you think the War on Drugs has been a failure? Do you think illegal drugs should be decriminalised? What do you think of the Uruguay government's move to legalize marijuana?

Very interested to hear your thoughts on this. Cheers.
Although I am not a police officer, I can understand why most Brits think the war on drugs has failed. Maybe if more money was spent on helping some parents parenting skills. Why? The reason being I think if we could instill in our children respect for themselves and respect for others, it might just help. Parents should treat their children as equals, yes have house rules and boundaries, but give them trust...... It might not solve all problems in life but it cannot harm?