What do you do to relax?

Riggy

Everyone has their own, unique types of relaxation and other can't seem to find anything to help them relax. What are some things you do to relax that you think might help others to relax after a stressful day or just relax in general?

helaofthenorns

When I have extra money, I go to the spa for a massage or a body scrub. When I am on a budget, I just watch a movie at home or read a movie.

Muthoni

Honestly speaking my best relaxing thing to do when tired is to take a hot shower and claw into bed. I allow myself to sleep until I cannot sleep anymore. If I am not too tired, I enjoy watching an interesting movie or an entire series that captivates me for a few hours. I also enjoy reading a good romance novel in bed to relax.

Rainman

I'm sucker for creating things. Back in time I'd write a funny story and file it so I could read it later in time and enjoy it. Having discovered the world of 3D modeling and free modeling software, I spend my free time doing some modeling. In addition to helping me unwind, I get a [great] feeling of satisfaction when I finally render and print the image of the creature/landscape or whatever it is you were creating.

ReDGuNNeR

There are many ways to relax. There are both therapuetic and non-therapeutic options. For a high-stress job such as law enforcement I think it is essential to find more of these relaxing, calming therapies. Even if it's something simple like listnening to music, getting a relaxing massage, or doing meditation.

I recommend taking a hot shower and using the massage jets to soothe any aches, sores, or pains.

Riggy

Even if it's something simple like listening to music, getting a relaxing massage, or doing meditation.

I recommend taking a hot shower and using the massage jets to soothe any aches, sores, or pains.

Completely agree on this one. Nothing is more relaxing than doing thirty or so minutes of meditation after a nice, hot shower. Your skin is awesomely smooth and you feel completely clean and fresh. Just lying down and adding some music if you like or just complete silence. Forgetting everything in life and thinking you're out in the middle of a tropical beach. It's fantastic and extremely relaxing!

js85

It depends on what I need to relax from. If I was busy all day, running from place to place nonstop, I want to do something to defrag, like sit in complete silence and do nothing, or dull like color in a coloring book. But if I'm stressed and need to take my mind off of something, I want to do something active like play videogames.

AlexF15

I usually sleep when I'm tired. I take like a 2 hour power nap, and when I wake up I feel better than ever.

bala

If i am exhausted and tired after a tough day,i prefer to sleep for may be an hour.If it is something to do with "taking a break" or shifting focus,it is yoga.I just take a couple of minutes to do it.It is mostly the former though.:p

dostava

Nature walks often do it for me. I live only a 15 minute walk away from an area where there's almost never any other people taking walks and it soothes me so much when I can be alone with my thoughts for at least an hour. It really stinks after it rains though as the pathways get all muddy and swollen rivers sometimes cut some paths off. I have also stumbled upon stray dogs more than once. Not very relaxing!

Nevi

Personally I just lay down into my bed and blast the music into my headphones, a mix of songs from the 80's, 90's and the present. People have different kind of way to relax, some play video games, some like to sleep, some like to listen to music, it just varies from person to person.

Riggy

I usually sleep when I'm tired. I take like a 2 hour power nap, and when I wake up I feel better than ever.

This one is a dangerous one! Either I'll sleep the day away and I wake up two or three hours before I should be going to bed or else I'll wake up after my alarm going off and I'll feel terrible and still tired. All I'll think about is wanting to go back to bed. Risky one for me :D

wameyo

After a stressful day I prefer sitting down and watching a movie. But on weekends I prefer to go outdoors for a swim. I find it relaxing after a week of hard work.

LuckyGirl08

When I am having a stressful day, I always relax in a hot bubble bath in order to clear my head. The heat of the water and frangrence of the bubble bath is so relaxing. Sometime I even turn the light off and light candles, which makes it more relaxing.

oraclemay

I like to watch a good movie or take a walk along the beach. I also enjoy reading and crafting. Sewing is a favorite craft of mine. I like to make my own clothes.

Riggy

When I am having a stressful day, I always relax in a hot bubble bath in order to clear my head. The heat of the water and frangrence of the bubble bath is so relaxing. Sometime I even turn the light off and light candles, which makes it more relaxing.

Oh man, this would be awesome if you had the house to yourself and you could just fall asleep for a small while. There's just something about baths and showers that are extremely relaxing. I guess it's just the fact that you've the room to yourself! It's just a shame that I only have a shower in my bathroom and there's no way I can have a bath. Some people are more fortunate than others :p