What Exactly Is The Problem With Florida Residents?

Rainman

The State is listed as the 8th most dangerous state to live in. I'm in no way intimating that there's something wrong with ALL Florida residents but if you hear some disgusting news then chances are it happened in Florida.
A man convicted of fondling and raping his 8-month-old pit bull puppy will spend five years in a state prison.
"The facts of this case are incomprehensible and vile," State Attorney R.J. Larizza said after the sentence was handed down Friday. "The defendant's abuse of the helpless dog shocks the collective conscience of the citizens of the Seventh Circuit and beyond."
This is just one of the many disgusting things which have been reported from Florida and I just don't get it. Can anyone try to rationalize why Florida happens to be the state where most crimes reported on the net are committed?

stevesxs9

I really can't give you an answer. I just know that crime and a lack of respect for the law, is out of control just about everywhere. That includes the law of Nature. You don't appreciate things you don't respect, and that's seem to sum up a lot of people.

PhilA

There is a Twitter feed called Floridaman that is one of the funniest things ever. It is updated with some of the silliest crime stories happening in Florida. It certainly gives the impression that there is something different in the water out there!

pattycake

I don't believe in the most crime anywhere. No matter where you go, you gotta be alert and protect yourself from the dangerous actions of others. This a fact of life because the world is a human jungle.

askanison

There is a huge problem with meth down in Fla. I know any area with that type of problem on a huge scale always has some weird news stories concerning the arrests made there. I live near Ark and the stories from there are just as bad and are mostly meth related. Hard drugs can make people do some crazy things.

joshua minaya

well i don't really think their is anything wrong with Florida all this negative news might just be some kind of coincidence if you ask me because in every state there will always be good or bad people it just depends on how the media choose to represent it.

headmaster

What does the phrase '...where most crimes reported on the net are committed...' mean? Just because you get all your news form the 'net', and it all pertains to criminal acts in Florida, does not mean that all Florida residents are bad people. Read widely, there is a lot more bad things being done all over.

Rainman

Just because you get all your news form the 'net', and it all pertains to criminal acts in Florida, does not mean that all Florida residents are bad people.
I didn't say ALL Florida residents have a propensity to commit a crime or do something exceptionally stupid.
I'm in no way intimating that there's something wrong with ALL Florida residents but if you hear some disgusting news then chances are it happened in Florida.
That too, is a fact. That's why you'll find articles about why Florida is dysfunctional, lists about insane things which happened in Florida and so on. In fact, Florida is listed as America's weirdest state by numerous sites. But like I mentioned in the first post, I wasn't talking about ALL FLORIDANS.

DancingLady

Maybe people in Florida just like to post things on the net. I don't know that Florida is really so different from anywhere else. Maybe they have a different culture, but I don't know why that would lead to more weird crimes.

Determined2014

That is very disturbing, I wonder what goes through the mind of such a human being, doing this to a dog that can not even express its feelings, that is sickening.

Peninha

Maybe it's something related with the heat indeed or the partying due to the good weather...

pattycake

I don't think it has to do with where it is. I really don't. I mean, we don't even know if those statistics are accurate. The way I see it, my eyes are peeled no matter where I'm at. LOL! You know?

GlacialDoom

It just seems that because of the popularity of the state, many people are drawn in. There is bound to be a bunch of psychos in the crowd that live in there, just as there are psychos anywhere.

I am from Florida and do not have an answer. It seems we have a bit of everything down here. It almost seems like some of the craziest get stuck or flee here but the reality is it is not that bad, especially on the beaches and inside of Disney World.

It also should be noted that each part of Florida is much different.

Profit5500

I am from Florida and do not have an answer. It seems we have a bit of everything down here. It almost seems like some of the craziest get stuck or flee here but the reality is it is not that bad, especially on the beaches and inside of Disney World.

It also should be noted that each part of Florida is much different.
I never been to Florida so I would not know how those people behave. I mean people behave strangely all over so there is no comparison. I have heard some bad stories like felons working at Mcdonald's spitting on cops burgers.

Muthoni

Maybe they have very competent journalists who are able to report every bad incident. It is very unfortunate but there are so many cases of bestiality occurring in my region. People have raped chicken, sheep, goats, cows, donkeys among other animals. There have been recent cases of some owners actually marrying these animals to the perpetrators. There so many bad people walking around; it is a crazy world we are living in.

mimsee

Nowadays everyone is acting a little strangely..but I must admit I did notice a trend of strange news stories coming from Florida. Maybe it is, as someone else said, due to the large meth problem in Florida right now? Here in New Orleans we are having a large issue with a lot of meth labs popping up and the people are going crazy here as well. I just wish that people could learn to overcome their addictions and leave all of the drugs behind.