What is taught at the Police Acadamy

LitoLawless

I was just wondering what are some of the things that are taught at the police academy. Given recent world events, I just want to know if what is taught is open to interpretation or if certain things are just taught that way. How long is actual training and what is the minimum age.

Thanks in advance

ally79

Minimum age is probably 21 for most states and there are a lot of things that are taught, but some of it will of course vary by state. Constitutional law, state and local laws, apprehension of a suspect, and police procedure are just a few of the things that are taught.

c9h2ua

Oh. That's such a good question, because I am wondering about the same thing too. That is because I don't know how all the police know the law that well. HAHA Thanks for asking.

Rocky55119

Minimum age is probably 21 for most states and there are a lot of things that are taught, but some of it will of course vary by state. Constitutional law, state and local laws, apprehension of a suspect, and police procedure are just a few of the things that are taught.

Now do they talk about certain scenarios to train for? (ie: bank getting robbed, traffic violation and suspect has weapon) because I am afraid that when I become a police officer I will not be prepared for those certain situations that could happen, but I am not trained for... (I am going to try and join the Special Weapons and Tactics team, so I am guessing it is covered in that, but what if you're a normal police officer and this situation arises out of nowhere?)

shilpa123

Where i live the minimum age is 20. I think this age is quite fine. I do believe that one can learn quite a lot from the academy. It all depends on the kind of region you are located in .

Gelsemium

I don't know what the minimum age is, I am guessing 18 has to be the minimum age. I do know that where I live we can only try to enter once per year.