What is the best way to get out of a ticket?

tbrannon44

Depends on what you did. Try not to have an attitude and being combative with the officer. Just be honest and see where it goes.

BryanOnAWire

1.) Don't do anything to get a ticket. 2.) If you get pulled over, just be honest and don't be rude, whether you get a ticket or not.

bala

In here,we bribe them to get our self out of it,but honestly we need to stay polite and explain to the cop on what we did,and why.We might stand a chance if we aren't rude.
Are bribes accepted abroad..? :p or do you have to pay the fine in full..
In here,we give them a 100 bucks for an INR 500 ticket.

Ricardo187

First of all you shouldn't break laws, but that you already know. The best way to get away is admitting your mistake, being police, compliant and apologising. Let the officer know you're aware that it was a mistake and can't do nothing but let him do his job. If it's nothing serious, he'll most likely let you go with a warning.

Gelsemium

Yes, the best way to get out of a ticket is not to break the law. If you broke the law, most likely a ticket is in order, why wouldn't you? If we aren't following the law chaos will be installed.

ItsZiggy

If you've done something to deserve a ticket, I don't think there should be a way out of it, not to say anyone will enjoy that, but it's the price for carelessness, even if it doesn't seem like a big deal, it could have major effects when there isn't an officer there to stop you.

peetred

I wouldn't call it "getting out" of a ticket, but the only time I have ever been pulled over, I just apologized to the officer, answered his questions, and agreed to be more careful. He was super nice and warned me that the cop in town would not be so nice. He gave me a warning and sent me on his way. So, I would say, be respectful and own up to what you did.

fareakyman

The best way to get out of a ticket is to obey the law. However, if you did break the law, be as polite as possible. Do not keep repeating "am I under arrest, officer." Try to be friendly and explain the situation. If you still get a ticket, embrace it, learn your lesson and move on.

Gelsemium

LOL, I will sure not repeat that fareak, I hope I am never under that circumstance, but I agree that being polite can sometimes save you.

Profit5500

In here,we bribe them to get our self out of it,but honestly we need to stay polite and explain to the cop on what we did,and why.We might stand a chance if we aren't rude.
Are bribes accepted abroad..? :p or do you have to pay the fine in full..
In here,we give them a 100 bucks for an INR 500 ticket.

What about not saying anything at all to the officer when they pull you over. I saw a vid on Youtube where one person kept asking the officer for his name and badge number until the officer gave up.