What Is the Hardest Thing To Learn?

mrsbright

I know, I know. If I were to ask this question in an high school or college, everyone would have different answers because everyone is different. I imagine it's the same for Police Academy. And yet, I wonder. What is the hardest thing to learn? Is it the physical stuff, because you have to train your body to get the right reflexes? Or the book stuff, because of how much details it is to absorb? What was most difficult for you who had to go through it?

Gelsemium

I think that the most hard has to be the physicals. I know people that failed because of them and needed to train a whole year to try again, they are really demanding.

calicer1996

I think that the most hard has to be the physicals. I know people that failed because of them and needed to train a whole year to try again, they are really demanding.
Don't know much about the exams but I agree with you. You have to push your body to your limits which is not everyone's cup of tea.

Muthoni

I have never gone through it but I have watched police recruitment in progress in my region. They run for long distances before the rest of the interview can begin. This limits the number of people to be interviewed because most of them do not complete the race. There is height and weight limitation that cuts off another chunk of interviewees. Once someone completes the training, they put their lives at risk everyday dealing with criminals. It is a tough career to have.

mrsbright

Wow! It really does make sense with the physical tests... Learning may be boring to many, but probably is more easy than to push your body to its limits! Also, an exam could technically be passed by all when it's a matter of good or bad answer, but a race really makes it more cutting edge. Good perspective to think about -- and yes, it is necessary for the job!

Profit5500

I know, I know. If I were to ask this question in an high school or college, everyone would have different answers because everyone is different. I imagine it's the same for Police Academy. And yet, I wonder. What is the hardest thing to learn? Is it the physical stuff, because you have to train your body to get the right reflexes? Or the book stuff, because of how much details it is to absorb? What was most difficult for you who had to go through it?
I think the hardest thing to learn is having to deal with the stress. Every cadet handles the pressure differently so it is always something that you have to deal with while in the academy. Being able to just focus on multiple things at once is a challenge in itself.

JulianWilliams

It has to be the ways to keep calm and properly deal with people. The fact is police forces regularly have to deal with violent or unstable people and they have to know how to handle these situations without resorting to violence, which, sadly, is not always possible.

shilpa123

I am not really sure how hard the training can go. But I do believe that being physically fit is very important. It is what counts to be one of the best in the police academy. I guess that is quite tough.

RingoBerry

I think it will be building up the proper endurance to withstand the stress and physical exhaustion.

donnalynn47

I would think that as a law officer other then being physically fit. The mental aspect of the job is very challenging as well. Keeping cool, and composed in high stress situations. Is key to preforming well not jumping the gun so to speak.

Gelsemium

Don't know much about the exams but I agree with you. You have to push your body to your limits which is not everyone's cup of tea.

Yep, our body needs to meet the standards of what is required for a police officer and let's face it, if we don't have it we need to train harder to get in or else we simply don't.

Shimus

Yep, our body needs to meet the standards of what is required for a police officer and let's face it, if we don't have it we need to train harder to get in or else we simply don't.

I agree with this. You should at least be deemed qualified fit for Field Duty. If not you should be relegated to "pushing papers"