What is usually on your mind while on patrol

Profit5500

When cops go on patrol and have to drive his or her patrol car especially at night what do you think about? There could be many things a cop would think about and the obvious would be family. It is like when you go out on patrol and a get a dangerous call do you get the butterflies? I am not a cop by any right and I just am curious to see and learn what they do. Do you think while you are behind the wheel.

Gelsemium

Great question, I've seen several reality shows that focus on this and to be honest they seem to be alert all the day, they never know what will happen.

Profit5500

Great question, I've seen several reality shows that focus on this and to be honest they seem to be alert all the day, they never know what will happen.
They have to be alert all day. It is a job that requires their full focus. Police officers would always have to think about their job since they are there to enforce the law and ensure the safety of the people. I would not be surprised if they are thinking about their family constantly.

Determined2014

They would hae to constantly think of their family, because they are out there and see what this crazy world has come to, with no doubt, they would not want ,what is happening out there to happen to their family.

shilpa123

I believe they are constantly vigilant and alert about everything that is happening in the surrounding. It is very easy to get distracted while on patrol. But in order to make sure that there is nothing out of order taking place they need to be very alert and conscious.*

primalclaws1974

This makes me think of the beginning of every segment of the show "Cops", in which the officer talks about their personal lives. It is hard for me to see a uniform as just another person (even though my neighbor is a policeman), with thoughts and feelings like anyone else. I should try to realize they are not lifeless automatons that are just hired muscle. If I was to guess I would say an officer would worry more about making the right choices (and how someone's life could change forever) than worrying about his own safety.

Peninha

That's right, it's just a day on the job for them, but not just any kind of job, it's a huge risk and responsibility.

Teens In Crisis

It's seriously mentally draining to be on constant alert all the time. I'm sure that at some point and time they focus on their partner, talk about their family and day, as well as other things.