What is your more unique experience as a police officer?

js85

Whoops - I can't edit the title but I meant to say **MOST** unique experience.

Maybe it's something funny that happened, or maybe something truly heartbreaking. Maybe it was a kind gesture you did or had bestowed on you. Maybe camaraderie between other emergency responders/law enforcement, or maybe something completely out left-field that's worth remembering? I'd love to hear any and all stories about any special moment or moments you've experienced!

GemmaRowlands

I had an experience once when working with a group of youths who we had been struggling with for a long time. They were always causing trouble in the street and around shops. I was talking to each of them individually in their homes with their parents, and one who used to have a right attitude broke down in tears and promised to change. He did change, and is now a wonderful young man. It is amazing the change that I have seen in him, and I am very happy about it indeed.

js85

I'm sure that's a very rewarding thing to see and be a part of! Thank you for sharing.

milyjohnson

That is so great that one of the guys was willing to change. I know that had to make you feel like you made a difference in his life. A lot of times people say they will change, but they never do. If they do change, it is for the worse and not better.