What should I do if i get arrested but I'm not the one who commited the crime?

primalclaws1974

It is always in your best interest to speak as little as possible if you are on the wrong side of the law. It doesn't really matter in most cases, if you are with someone who broke the law, at least at first, it will definitely be guilt by association in the police's eyes. I think they really have no choice in this. They don't have all the facts right away. You can attempt to plead your innocence, but once you see that isn't working, it's time to shut up and call a lawyer.

Mackmax

Do NOT speak. Don't say "It wasn't me." Don't say "You've got the wrong girl." Only demand to speak to your lawyer.
They are not kidding when they say that anything you say can and will be held against you. So, ask to speak to your lawyer and let her handle it. If everything works out great, you could be the one getting money for being convicted of a crime that you didn't even commit.
And also, never admit to a crime that you didn't commit. I don't care if the interrogator tells you that they'll let you go if you admit it, they are lying. Never do this.