What to expect on the first day at the police academy?

Kootzg

When you first get to the academy, you will be greeted by a bunch instructors. They will be yelling commands at you lightning speed. Don't get flustered. Just listen, think critically and act accordingly.

bala

It will be a walk in the park if you think that way,lest it will be the other way round.You will be tested mentally, physically, emotionally, and intellectually,and you have to fight it out to showcase your mettle to them.Take it easy and if you do,you shouldn't be experiencing butterflies in your stomach.You will fare well,Good luck..:D

Peninha

I agree, the first day at the police academy must be a real stunner, we will know what is expected from us and how we should act, I am not saying like the first day in school or work, but something close to that.

Whatever happens and however people seem to treat you just remember that everybody is really nice and just wants to help you get the best training ever. Don't take people bossing you around seriously.

Gelsemium

Well... I don't know about nice, but surely the police academy is a place to learn, it's a recruit, so they aren't there to be nice, but to teach the procedures and everything necessary for the job. For someone with a calling to be a police officer it will be a dreamy day.

STEFFAY08

I think you should be well rested,hydrated, and ready for anything. Also, it's important to be alert at all times. Stay focused!

wulfman

I have no idea. Don't imagine they would throw you all kinds of fitness tests and mental agility tests all at once.

Profit5500

Well the first day is the roughest since you are trying to get to know the routine. Later on things would get better for you just as the previous people above say don't take the bossing around personally. As long as you are performing at full capacity you should be fine.

Gelsemium

I agree, the first day is the most important because you will be setting a routine, but if you enter with all you got you will succeed, no place to relax though, no way!

Profit5500

I agree, the first day is the most important because you will be setting a routine, but if you enter with all you got you will succeed, no place to relax though, no way!

First days are stressful days since you have to get all your paperwork done. Then you are trying to get a feel for how the drill instructors are going to treat you. Its all worth it if your head is in the game.

ic3squid

Well, I'm not sure. But if you want some advice from me, do not mess up on your first day. On your first day, you're judged by everyone, doing something bad will cause others to think of you badly if you approach them.

Gelsemium

First days are stressful days since you have to get all your paperwork done. Then you are trying to get a feel for how the drill instructors are going to treat you. Its all worth it if your head is in the game.

Actually I thought that once you're in all the paperworks are already dealt with and you just start working on your physical and mental preparation no?

joshua minaya

Just like most things in life that we may be embarking on for the first time there is bound to be some anxiety and tension in the mind of the new recruit but all this fear is bound to fade away as one gets used to the daily routine practice

Profit5500

Actually I thought that once you're in all the paperworks are already dealt with and you just start working on your physical and mental preparation no?
It varies but I would personally think it is difficult even when you got all the papers done. Since there are important forms you need to sign before starting the academy. Then you have to know where to go since there places you would need to be familiarized with.