What would you like to be remembered for?

Onionman

At the end of our days, most of us want to leave a legacy in one way or another. Some of us want to be remembered for our generosity. Some of want to be known for standing up for our rights now matter what. Some of us want to be remembered just as a nice person.

What do you want to be remembered for?

GlacialDoom

I'd like to be remembered as a person that always did the best thing in any situation, or one that tried to do that.

I would love it if by the end of my life I'd invent something that would revolutionize any important aspect in our lives, but even if I won't manage that, I'd like to be remembered by friends and family as a generally nice and funny guy.

Patrick

As a kind and caring person who put his family first. I think having your close ones think of you fondly is more than enough.

Rhoda D'Ettore

I want to be remember as that great author from New Jersey whose novels really took off, just after she won the powerball lottery and lived happily ever after.

bala

I want to be remembered for my community service.I love to be a people's man and the only to it is through community service.i don't run for fame and recognition but sometimes it spurs me on to strive for more.

Teens In Crisis

I'd like to simply be remembered. Not just by my friends & family, but by others, for doing something great, or creating something great. I've had some lucky experiences in my life, like owning my own NWA Pro-Wrestling company, and writing a book, but at the end of the day I'd love to be known as someone who was dedicated to helping improve the lives of others.

bala

I'd like to simply be remembered. Not just by my friends & family, but by others, for doing something great, or creating something great. I've had some lucky experiences in my life, like owning my own NWA Pro-Wrestling company, and writing a book, but at the end of the day I'd love to be known as someone who was dedicated to helping improve the lives of others.
Yeah...and what exactly is that great thing you are referring to.
You must have had instances where you have felt just that you are into the job and actually desire to do it.
We wanted to evaluate options and check.

Josie

I don't need to be remembered. All that matters to me is that my family is taken care of and they know how much I love them. Making them happy today and making the most of my time today.

DancingLady

I want to be remembered for loving Jesus and loving people. For making a difference for God's kingdom by the way I lived my life. That's really all that matters to me at the end of the day. What activities I did or how I did or didn't excel by this world's standards are meaningless in the end.

May102014

Well for me, I wanna be remembered as a person who didn't give on his dreams. Life is unfair. We all know that fact and it's amazing how things can just turn from great to worse. However it's all gonna be on how you approach things. It would still be the attitude that determines if you lose or win in life. Don't let problems and bad experiences get the best of you.

dyanmarie25

This would sound a bit cheesy but I want to be remembered as someone who has been a good friend to everyone. I know I've got limitations and shortcomings, but when it comes to friendship, I am someone you can always count on to, except when it's about money though. But seriously, if you need someone to talk to, I'll always be here.

Rainman

My one goal in life is that I change someone's life positively in some way. Should that person do something for someone else and they all keep paying [the good deed] forward that's good enough for me. Maybe should I live long enough and write thousands of articles about life I would like to be remembered as a philosopher though I'm not one yet.

PrideKidd

Well this is an interesting one for me because I sued my home town high school when I was a teenager, and won! For nearly six years I was literally beaten so bad I had to go to the hospital a few times. I was stalked, harassed, mentally abused, had house spray painted and vandalized, all because I was a gay teenager in rural Pennsylvania. Nothing more, I was a sport to them. I never looked at anyone "funny" or tried "anything" with anyone, I just wanted to be left alone. I had some severe attempts at suicide but I even suck at that.

For 6 years the school would pacify me and say they would deal with it and sweep me under the rug. One day I was shoved down two flights of stairs while hearing the taunts we're going to kill you fag. When I recovered I used the pay phone and called my mother and told her what happened.

She came to the school and we had one last sit down with the principal and he looked right at us and said "We feel Tim beings on his problems himself for being openly gay, but if he was a woman we would have stopped this in the beginning, but Tim needs to stand up for himself"

Hearing that I stormed out and that was the last day I have ever entered that building. Really, you knew I was beaten so bad the ambulance had to come, stalked and harassed and it was MY FAULT? Needless to say we took them to court over that. you cannot just deny a child civil and human rights just because you do not agree with their orientation. We won a very large sum of money.

Saying all this I want to be remembered because NO other gay person will EVER have to go through what I did. I do not care if you are straight, gay, black, Chinese, or ANY other minority no one ever deserves to feel like you are totally worthless & suicide is the only way out.

My lawsuit has gone world wide, I have done two documentaries, and continue to educate the bigoted and ignorant. If you get the chance watch "Out In The Silence." worth the watch.

Thanks for taking the time to read this lengthy post.

Gabe

I guess most of us want to change the world for the better in our own way. I would like to be remembered for my writing and hope they helped people in whatever way it could and that the proceeds would go onto help other charities that I feel need help with, like homelessness. It's something that can be 'cured', yet it still exists in a world where there are resources and wealth which I still struggle to understand.