When do you plan on retiring?

stevesxs9

Hopefully about 5 years or so from now. But it could take a little longer when I include other factors.

davidj96

I've been debating this question to myself for quite awhile now. I just enlisted in the Marine Corps a month ago and if I stay in for my full twenty years I could retire at the age of thirty eight if I really wanted to. At that point I'd probably get out and look for a security job or some type of law enforcement career that I can enjoy performing everyday.

headmaster

If I had 100% control over my destiny then the answer would be yesterday. There is more to life than living in the rat race. Too many things to be done, too many places to see.

WrestlinFan

That's way too far into the future for me to even think about. The world will be so different by the time I'll retire.

True2marie

I never plan on retiring. People need to work and be active in order to enjoy life. So, after I leave my main job, I'll just get another slower paced one that fits my age. This is what my dad did. He retired from the military in his 40's and got a civilian job. He retired from the civilian job in his 60's. Then, he began working part time at a clothing store. My dad is in his 70's now and still going strong.

PhilA

My dad retired at 55, and I plan on doing the same.

I just don't see the point of spending my whole life working, then dying shortly after I retire. Regardless of family history etc I just do not know many people who retire at 65 then have plenty of years enjoying themselves.

They always become sick, already are sick - or die. You just cannot bank on it happening well for you and you living to 85 with no health problems.

bala

In here..58 is the legal age for retiring,but if you are with private sectors ,they can extend it by another 7 years or at max 10 years..It all depends on how you served that company..I would work till i earn enough for the rest of my life from there..I reckon 60-62 will be ideal..and till then i should bustle with energy..

ic3squid

I plan on retiring when I'm around 60 or over, at that age I would of saved a lot of money for myself in the bank or won the lottery or something.

DancingLady

I honestly don't think retirement is a realistic thing for me, or something I would want. I like working, I don't expect I will be full time forever, but I don't expect to quit working while I can still walk and think.

Muthoni

I will retire when I cannot work anymore; since I write for a living I will continue to write until my fingers cannot type. I have found out that most people become so bored when they retire with nothing to do all day. Depression can come in; therefore as long as I have breath retirement is not an option.