Where Are The Riots?

Diane Lane

This happened on April 22, 2015. I haven't seen it covered in the news, at least on most stations. Where are the riots? Why aren't we seeing huge protests? This reminds me of what's been happening in Baltimore, Revere, MA, and other places, where groups/mobs of young people (and probably some others) think it's o.k. to attack the police, because they are being held accountable for their egregious behavior. This type of behavior is unacceptable, and, apparently it's ow the job of the police and society as a whole to function as parents, and teach these thugs that there are limits, and their behavior is unacceptable. Richard Fletcher: White man brutally attacked by mob brutally ignored by media - Allen B. West - AllenBWest.com

dyanmarie25

I don't understand why people are getting even more violent nowadays. And yes, these kids' behavior is really unacceptable. Parents should really try to teach their children about respecting the authority. Of course, they can protest, but they should just do it peacefully.

Diane Lane

Yes, I think a big part of the problem is that these children and adolescents don't respect anyone, including their parents. In the past, I ran some groups for adolescents and their parents, and it was downright scary. The kids ran right over the parents, and the parents would ask for approval from the adolescents before making any decisions. There was no sense of parents vs children, or actual raising of the children. The teenagers were basically raising themselves, and providing their parents with companionship. This is not, of course, all children/adolescents that I'm talking about, these were troubled children, and it was obvious why they were troubled. These parents had no idea how to raise their children. Often, there were existing issues, such as addiction, abuse, etc., and that is probably the case with the homes of many of the kids in this riot situation. The problem is, they've been let loose on society, and it's now our problem.

JoanMcWench

I'm going to play devil's advocate here: The riots are not in motion when a white man is attacked (by police OR randoms) because that white man isn't harassed or mistreated every day by the powers that be. That's the general idea.

Rainman

But that the media doesn't bother to report such barbarity shows how biased the media has come to be. Had it been a minority who'd been beaten up a mob, then you'd see it all over. All this race baiting is being used by the media and [the elite] to further divide the nation along racial lines as if things aren't bad enough as they are now.

katherine25

kids these days have no respect for anything or anyone! I dont kno whow things have changed to fast and drastically when it comes to our children but its scary. When I was younger kids had so much respect for everyone around them. In my opinion if you show a video of a white man beaten by a mob people dont see it as a story about the white man but more as a negative reflection on the people who did it which then now becomes racist for talking about it, people are so messed up these days.

Peachdejour

This type of mob violence is not unusual in the cities. People are consistently in the news for being attacked by a group of people for whatever reason. I saw at least three cases of it in the new last week. It isn't being ignored, but it isn't being covered on the national level because this is merely local news.

Diane Lane

I'm glad I saw it then, because if that's local news, I want someone to share it nationally, so I know where it's happening, and don't go there. I have never heard of that happening anywhere that I've lived, and I sure wouldn't want to stumble into a neighborhood where that's considered ordinary.

Update: The five arrested teens, between the ages of 15 and 17, face attempted first-degree murder and assault, police said in a statement. Two more suspects — a 20-year-old man and an unidentified seventh arrestee — are in custody. Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/throng-teens-attack-md-man-front-home-cops-article-1.2219429