Where do you go when you want to be alone?

dariel2323

We all have that moment in our lives once in a while where we're not up for company, where we crave silence and peace. In my case, I'd normally go for a long drive without any destination whatsoever. Driving is very therapeutic for me, it helps me think and helps me find some peace with my life. How about you? Where do you go when you want to be alone?

bala

For me..my room.It is my mind palace like sherlock says,and once you get to know the concept you can tackle anything,even being alone.
If this doesn't work out,i pick up my racquet and go for a match up with my fellow mates in YMCA.btw I play badminton and it is a mental boost for me when i play it.

wulfman

In India it is pretty difficult out side of your home. Back in NY there was a nearby park nobody ever went to . But it was always tended to and kept clean. I used to sit there a lot and think about stuff.

Ricardo187

I usually go to my room, or I take the car and go somewhere near water, let it be beach or river. Sometimes I like the mountain too. I love nature in general so...

LuckyGirl08

Every time I want to be left alone, I usually go to my moms grave. I find it very peaceful for me to just sit by her grave and relax. When I am there I feel like all of my worries and problems go away. I even go there when I am upset. Being there with her makes me feel like she is still here with me. She past 4 years ago when I was only 19, so I guess it comforts me when I'm at her grave. I talk to her, even though I know she can't talk back I know she is listening.

helaofthenorns

Nowhere. I don't really like going out. So, when I want to be alone, I just put my headphones on, listen to music and be in my room. That way, even if somebody is knocking on my door, I wouldn't hear him or her.

dariel2323

I usually go to my room, or I take the car and go somewhere near water, let it be beach or river. Sometimes I like the mountain too. I love nature in general so...

I'm a nature lover too. For examples, rivers, parks, landscapes, and all those places, quiet and away from the outside world. If there are fewer people it is best for me, so I'm more relaxed and I think more clearly. Thanks for reply and happy day.

Muthoni

I have found another lovely place to be alone with perfect stillness. It is in the library in a nearby town. They have large gardens with outdoor benches where one can just seat and be alone. In the evening I walked home from the library and believe me I had so much energy when I got home. I enjoyed some well deserved alone time.

JayeeDolo

I go in my room and lock the door. Also, my girlfriend works at a hotel with a huge lobby. So if simply going into my room isn't enough, I go to her job and sit in the lobby. It seems weird but no one else sit in there so I'm completely alone. Just me, a tv, and wifi.

JessMere

Sometimes I don’t have the luxury to just get that alone time. So, I have to find a quiet place inside my mind to relax. I try really hard to meditate, but that really hard to do when you’re really busy. And then they say if you’re too busy to meditate you should be doing it more. Any time I can be in nature, even if that’s driving the kid’s home from school and I get 30 seconds of mental clarity staring at a nice patch of trees along the road. I also like to look up positive quotes to at least get my brain into some positive thinking.

Whitewolf2578

The only situations where I want to be alone are when I get into an argument with my girlfriend, and as many guys know it is always something stupid when dealing with their significant others. I mean small things like "You didn't put the dishes in the right places" Not sure what it is, but it stresses me out so I just walk away and go into my man cave and lock the door. I have a mini fridge and a bed in that room, I could live in there as long as it too to get over the stress.

headmaster

I find nothing better than grabbing a good book and curling up on my favorite seat. The solitude one gets from being immersed in a gripping story can be extremely refreshing.

Muthoni

I have discovered another place to be alone. Our national museum, they have a very nice art section and lots of things to see. They have put benches inside the museum where someone can rest and be alone. I haven’t visited recently and I know I will be surprised when I visit again because they keep renovating the place.

Nevi

I don't really like going outside, So I prefer alone in my room, It's the perfect place for me to be alone with my thoughts and recharge myself.

Teens In Crisis

I like to find a field with really tall grass. I'll go out into the field and lay in the grass, completely surrounded by it, unable to be seen, or see anything except the sky that I am looking up at. It gives me a sense of well-being, a feeling of total immersion, and a chance to be alone with my thoughts and out of the eyes of everyone, if only for a little while.

Patrick

Definitely somewhere quiet with fresh air. Depends on where you are really. The roof of a building might have to suffice if you're in a urban environment, otherwise a hilltop or under a tree in the countryside.

dolittle94

That is a funny question to me since I don't have a place I can go because anywhere that I do go, I am bombarded by unwanted company or unnecessary noise. It only happens when I want silence for a little while, but it doesn't happen, so I just place my self in my headphones. That's right, all I do is insert my headphones onto my head and they cancel out whatever unwanted surroundings are around at the time. I literally have a playlists called calming on my iTunes that I use to 'put me in a better place.'

Josie

My family is my peace, so I don't usually want to be alone.. they ground me; I'm so lucky to have this life I've built with them. If I need to focus though, I usually just shut my bedroom door; we're all good at giving each other our space when it's needed.

FuZyOn

In a park, mostly! Being able to be close near nature is very relaxing and calms me down whenever I'm angry, sad or upset.
I also like to walk by the beach, the sounds of the ocean and the hot sand are something unbelievably relaxing for me.