Who designs police uniforms?

SamClemensMT

I'm just curious to know where the ideas for contemporary police uniforms are coming from. Does anyone actually ask the police. How about the public, do we have a say in the matter?
images

Patrick

That uniform looks more like the gear for military police or other special tactical units. I think that the contemporary police uniforms that officers tend to wear for daily patrols are more formal and smart looking, they probably have drawn inspiration from smart wear worn by the army/navy.

sillylucy

I don't know who designs them, but I wish there was a uniform code for all of them. What scares me is when people dress up like the police to do bad things. If there was a uniform that all officers wore then this might be less likely done.

shilpa123

I think that in our country many people who design the uniform are government officials, mostly people associated with tthe ministers. It is really not a easy job as the uniform must symbolize everything that the officers work and stand job. I think the uniform over here signify a lot of dignity among the officers.

SamClemensMT

This does happen. Impersonating a police officer is a crime in most places. I think a criminal convicted of disguising himself or herself as a cop should receive a double sentence. In other words twice as long as the sentencing guidelines for the same crime committed while dressed in a scum bag uniform.