Why do people hate the police?

shilpa123

People hate police solely because of the fact that they have greater power than ordinary people. I believe it is really sad that such things happen.

Kamarsun1

The grand scheme of deception is the part that I hate, and that has nothing to do with my personal feeling towards cops. Some police officers abuse their authority and that's a real problem. I don't blame the officer, it's really the system that he or she works for, that's the real problem. I wouldn't blame the worker at Mc Donald's for selling poison, their just doing their job, but when the rights of the people are violated it becomes personal, and our rights are being violated all the time, no matter what your background is.

bala

People hate police solely because of the fact that they have greater power than ordinary people. I believe it is really sad that such things happen.
Can u consider revising what you just stated..It seems offensive,and also it ain't true.You have only looked at the surface,only when you go in deep will you really understand why they are hated.This reason isn't justifiable too.

GlacialDoom

I do not live in America, but, since I have a few friends in there, I think I can answer this question. People hate the police because they are power hungry. Just yesterday, a man called the police and the responding officer killed him AND his dog, just because he was black. They also hate the police because after all these crimes committed by them, they do not serve any time - they are all covered for by their friends and colleagues. It's a very disgusting thing that this happens, and I am truly glad this doesn't happen in my country.

donnalynn47

I don't hate any law officer. I do however dislike the fact that some use their authority to flex their muscle so to speak. A good officer of the law doesn't do that. They do their job without attitude.

fliktor7

That is a strange thing to say. I am from Spain, and I don't hate them, in fact, that is a job which I respect a lot because they put their life on the task. And not only me, my family and friends think the same, or at least that is what I believe. I suppose always there will be sad people which hates everybody, but they are minority for sure, at least on Spain.

Patrick

It's really a case of some police officers abusing their power. Especially the recent no-knock warrants which have led to several innocent people being gunned down by police because they thought that they were being broken into by burglars.

shilpa123

I believe people hate police because they are quite angry all the time. They are also known to kill people in certain situations. I guess that is enough to scare anyone.

piez

I believe that a lot of it has to do with the media and portrayal of crooked cops. When crooked law enforcement is all you see it is very easy to persuade yourself that all cops are bad. Of course, the notion that all cops are bad is simply untrue. People tell me all the time about their bad experiences with the law and I think that they begin to apply that to all of them which is unfair.

timelord731

They hate the police because the police is associated with individual people doing illegal or immoral things under the badge. It's not "John Doe beats a man", it's "Police officer accused of police brutality".

Josie

Common misconception. It's not just those who break the law. Police seem to treat you as guilty right off the hop. You can't even look at them funny or question them or get angry with them without risking your safety or getting taken in. They're just people. Paid by the very people they treat like low lives. I know there are good cops. Many. One of my best friends is one and he's a very good, fair man. But we should be allowed to question and allowed to get angry and express that when we feel wronged.. without being treated like dogs with militant owners. How dare we? You know? Another overhaul that needs to happen stat. Yes, if we've done nothing wrong, we should have nothing to worry about. BUT.. here's hoping you're never in the wrong place at the wrong time and they *think* you've done wrong.

And don't get me started on their treatment of special needs. More training.. in all areas. Better treatment to all unless they're in immediate danger.

Don't get me wrong.. I know it must be a very stressful job; not knowing who to trust from one minute to the next, with so many hating you and wanting to cause you harm.. and sometimes you just can't tell the good from the bad. But something has to change. Very quickly.

Rosyrain

I think that many people are intimidated by police, and use the word hate as the description of their intimidation. The police have the power to take your freedom away, and some people have had bad experiences with them. You just have to hope and pray that the legal system works as it should. I personally feel more comfortable when an officer is around.

dyanmarie25

I don't really hate the police. It's just that some of them are arrogant and this is kind of intimidating and very annoying. Plus, their credibility is somehow decreasing over time which makes me have trust issues with them. However, I kind of applaud them for taking this "public service" job. Kudos for all their efforts in providing us security.