Rainman

Makes me sick that someone that could have been helped, lost their lives because the chest is the bigger body part :/

I believe that most cops would rather not shoot someone dead because there's always that guilt which comes later to torment them. I think though that when someone appears to be a threat to others then the better option is to "neutralize" him before he grievously injures or kills someone. In such a case cops are justified to shoot that person in the chest. You'd do the same if you were in their shoes. Try to picture someone who poses a threat to your family. What would you do?

Josie

I believe that most cops would rather not shoot someone dead because there's always that guilt which comes later to torment them. I think though that when someone appears to be a threat to others then the better option is to "neutralize" him before he grievously injures or kills someone. In such a case cops are justified to shoot that person in the chest. You'd do the same if you were in their shoes. Try to picture someone who poses a threat to your family. What would you do?

I've actually been asked that before and I still don't believe anyone deserves to die. If my family's lives are in danger, I would hope I would act quick enough to put them down temporarily; long enough to get us out of the situation. I'm always always in other people's shoes and I couldn't live with myself BEFORE pulling the trigger lol. Unless I see death in the immediate future, I would wound them. Bad decisions.. even truly horribly bad decisions, aren't always made by truly horribly bad people. I will always put the victims first, but my brain would work at lightning speed to keep everyone alive. I hope lol.. obviously I haven't been in that situation. My empathy will likely never allow it though, so hopefully I'm never the one making the life or death decisions ;)

wahmed

The poor man didn't deserve to die. Perhaps if the police officer paid the slightest more care this wouldn't happen. In UK guns are illegal be it for civilians or police. This stuff doesn't happen.

dyanmarie25

That also makes me wonder. I don't think he had to die because in the first place, he wasn't able to hurt somebody inside the store. Maybe he was just going through something, it wasn't really his intention to kill people. He just sort of blacked out, I guess. They should have just shot his arm or leg. Poor man, indeed.