Wife Accused Of Ramming Bike Carrying Husband, Other Woman

Anthony

Super Moderator
KimberlyVangundy.jpg
Des Moines police say a woman allegedly used her SUV to hit a motorcycle carrying her husband and another woman.
Kimberly Vangundy, 45, is charged with two counts of serious injury by vehicle, reckless driving.
Police said the incident started around 7 p.m. Tuesday, next to Copper Creek in Pleasant Hill. The suspect allegedly chased her husband for almost three miles. Witnesses told authorities she tried to run the motorcycle off the street several times.
Witnesses say the suspect didn't slow down before ramming the motorcycle. She then got out of her vehicle and began hitting her husband.
"This is pretty uncommon typically speaking what we're more likely to see is perhaps a physical altercation," said Des Moines police spokesman Sgt. Jason Halifax. "Very few times do we ever see someone try to strike another with a vehicle. We don't see it that often."
[video=youtube_share;Z7HMspXHSD0]http://youtu.be/Z7HMspXHSD0[/video]
Sgt. Jason Halifax said both victims, Vangundy's husband, Jesse, and the woman were dragged almost 80 feet after getting hit by the vehicle.
Both victims suffered only minor injuries, police said.
Vangundy told authorities she attempted to stop but accidentally hit the motorcycle.
Polk County Jail records show Vangundy remained in custody as of Thursday, pending $10,000 in bail.

Last edited by a moderator:

Muthoni

This is a crime of passion as misguided as it is. No one likes to be cheated; I am just so sorry for her that she will lose her husband, time and money. Things could turn for the worst if she loses her freedom as well. I wish that she had been able to walk away from her cheating husband unworthy of her love.

Strykstar

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"
Not only did she ram then, she then got out of the car and start beating her husband.
I wonder how lenient the judge will be, considering it was a crime of passion.