Wife Sentenced For Injecting Husband With Fecal Matter

Anthony

Super Moderator
attachment.php

An Arizona wife who allegedly tried to kill her husband by injecting fecal matter into his intravenous line was sentenced to one year of weekends in jail and four years of probation.

Attempted murder charges against Rose Mary Vogel were ultimately dropped in a plea deal. Vogel, 66, a retired nurse pleaded guilty to the lesser charge of vulnerable adult abuse in the Jan. 30 incident at Chandler Regional Hospital.

Authorities say Vogel tried to end Phillip Vogel’s life while he was recovering from heart surgery by putting fecal matter into his IV in January.

Vogel claimed in court on Tuesday that she didn't remember trying to hurt her husband or injecting the fecal matter. She also said that she hadn't slept in several days and had been depressed at the time of the incident. “I have no recollection of any of it,†Vogel said. “I’ve always loved my husband through sickness and in health.â€

Her husband, Phillip told the judge that he still loves her and has since forgiven his wife for her actions. "It's nothing anyone could have foreseen, that's what makes it so tragic," Phillip said. "It's so devastating on our family. Rose Mary is no danger to me."

The day after Christmas, Vogel must turn herself in at a Maricopa County jail, where she will be held on weekends until Christmas Day next year.
[video=youtube_share;TTGWGAaeh9E]http://youtu.be/TTGWGAaeh9E[/video]

Attachments

• Vogel.jpg
    Vogel.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 1,686
Last edited by a moderator:

pattycake

They both claim to love each other? There's some serious lying going here because you don't try to kill somebody you love and you don't just forgive somebody you loved trying to kill you. They both are pathological liars with a lot of skeletons in their closet. These are two really putrefied people.

Muthoni

It is so hard to know what goes on between two people when they are alone. Could it be possible that the husband pleaded with his wife who just happens to be a nurse to help him die? He forgives her when it is discovered that she injected the fecal matter to prevent a severe punishment. When people have been together for a long time, they tend to think alike. The other side of the coin, It is very unfortunate if she indeed tried to kill him.

Gelsemium

Oh my my, what was she thinking, fecal matter? I don't even understand how she got this idea, but gladly he didn't die.

Allison2021

It is so hard to know what goes on between two people when they are alone. Could it be possible that the husband pleaded with his wife who just happens to be a nurse to help him die? He forgives her when it is discovered that she injected the fecal matter to prevent a severe punishment. When people have been together for a long time, they tend to think alike. The other side of the coin, It is very unfortunate if she indeed tried to kill him.

That may very well be the case. I can hardly imagine a situation where anybody would forgive that quickly and easily. There may be more happening than what has been widely reported in the media.

I can only think of Oregon as having a law supporting Assisted Suicide.

pattycake

You are right that when people have been together for awhile they start to think alike, but if he wanted to die it doesn't seem to me that he would have undergone a heart surgery. I think that they both are just lying about loving each other. They never loved each other, but only loved their weird lifestyle together. Whatever she's like at home is what he loves. Maybe she's a doormat he can walk on. You know? Like Archie and Edith Bunker? How Edith acted ridiculous and Archie could diss her and call her ding bat all day? And Joel Steinberg and Hedda Nussbaum? Remember those two?

They claimed to love each other but it was only their weird sadomasochist lifestyle that they loved. If Edith had dropped some fecal matter in Archie's I V, chances are Archie would have said the same thing. He love and forgive her.

Onionman

That's a bit of a crazy one. Was she supposed to be doing it for his own good? Or was she doing it out of malice? I would have thought that fecal matter would be pretty obvious in an intravenous drip anyway.As long as the couple can get over it together then they should be fine.

warmweatherwoman

Case in point- you can't even trust your spouse these days. First of all she is a nurse- she knew good and well that would KILL him. Second she loved him in sickness and in health- AND almost till death did them part by her own hand. I don't know who is lying here..but one if not both are- that is for sure.

Strykstar

While this is a terrible thing to do and only a sick mind would think of it, I have to say that I LOVE the computer simulation in the video, that's how all the news should be, better than eye witness accounts.

oraclemay

I sometimes think I have heard and seen it all, but then I am confronted with something new! It will never cease to amaze me what goes on in some relationships. So many couples profess undying love, but they are trying to kill each other in one way or another!

It seems to me that most couples are addicted to the drama in their relationships and cannot get by without it.

Sweetheart

Interesting couple. A retired cop and a woman who attempts murder on him. I wonder how they met. She's got some issues. I guess when you have been dealing with criminals all your life if your wife tries to kill you it wouldn't faze you. They did say she was a nurse. These two are a little dysfunctional I guess. He forgives her. It's possible he asked her to do this. They caught her doing it too. If it killed him fecal matter isn't like something they would have been able to necessarily tag it as a murder; I guess. Wonder if that would have been easy to detect if she had been quicker.

shandrum

My question is- how did she only get one year of weekends in jail with probation???? I've never heard of weekends in jail!!!!