Will there ever be world peace?

dariel2323

World Peace. It's a phrase that has been used numerous times in the past. But does the phrase make sense? Is it even possible to achieve such a thing if war is going on all around every single second? Or is it just an illusion, something that you just say for the sake of having hope? With people getting killed left and right, how can we achieve world peace? Is just something that doesn't and will never exist.

What do you think should be done in order for us to really achieve world peace?

dolittle94

I'm sorry to burst anyone's little happy and optimistic bubble, but I don't see any chance of their ever being world peace. There might be a rare time in the future where everyone will band together to take care of a serious world issue, but once the problem has been solved hostilities will go right back to where they were. A sad thing, but still true in my opinion.

shreklock

I'm sorry to burst anyone's little happy and optimistic bubble, but I don't see any chance of their ever being world peace. There might be a rare time in the future where everyone will band together to take care of a serious world issue, but once the problem has been solved hostilities will go right back to where they were. A sad thing, but still true in my opinion.
I agree, and I think peace could ruin the world, because military does create a lot of job spots. And what about inventions we use today such as GPS or duct tape, there wouldn't be those things and many more. I know that lots of people die in wars, but lets look at the bright side.

shilpa123

I do not think world peace is possible as each and every individual have their own different thinking about the world and people in general. World peace can be obtained if one thinks about having the same kind of thoughts which is ideal for the situation and helpful to the people. People should think about the soceity's benefit rather than anything else. Only in these situations we can think about having world peace.

Rhoda D'Ettore

It is human nature to cause war and be violent. There is no way for peace. Name a point in history where there was not some kind of war going on? From way back in the Bible Cain & Abel engaged in violence. It is also human nature to want what we don't have. Again, that is even proven with Eve who wanted the apple she wasnt supposed to have.

megankl

I really hope that someday there will be world peace. I hate living in a world where we are all supposed to work together and help each other out but instead everyone is so angry and against each other. People are being killed by other people right before our eyes every single day and it makes me sad to know that it will never get better - if anything it will get worse.

wameyo

It's very hard to achieve world peace with all these conflicts that we have. We have a shortage of resources and everybody wants a share. Take for example countries that have vast amounts of oil;people will definitely fight in order to have a control of that oil.

There's also the lack of enough employment opportunities which breeds vices like robbery, car jacking etc. All these fuel up conflicts and makes it even harder to achieve world peace. And then there's always the devil at work!

maxprime94

My opinion is,

I don't believe there will ever be world peace. I only think it's because of religion. Not any particular one but just the whole concept. Does anyone ever question the concept of it? I believe religion was created to keep peace between the people back then, when they didn't know how to explain any world phenomenons. Now I feel we are killing and hating on each other because of it... If there was any god that told you, you couldn't do something then It's not the god everyone talks about but it's a way to control you. There will be no peace unless we can go back in time remove this whole religion stuff... Have you ever looked out at the night sky and realized that you are on a floating peace of earth in a black nothing, suspended by nothing but gravity? Everything can be explained with science and people who believe in questioning everything aka scientists. Now that is real magic and spirituality.

Profit5500

World peace would never ever happen as long as you have politics. I mean you have to look back in the beginning stages of human evolution and understand that people have been at war with one another. With the weapons market big as usual it is not surprising that the world would not have peace. When you want peace prepare for war.

Determined2014

I do believe that it is an illusion, something said to give people hope, the way the world is right now, it seems as though we are headed for the worst, everyday the violence escalates, young peoplwe have become more and more violent and that is the next generation that is suppose to be ruling the world.

jeremy2

For as long as there will be inequality in this world,we will never know peace. How can we know peace when some kid somewhere is sleeping hungry while others are living in opulence? For there to be world peace, the bridge between the rich and the poor should be reduced and by that i mean everyone should be able to afford the basic amenities in life regardless of where they reside.

Josie

It's our nature to be violent and throw our dominance around to wipe out the weak and control the pack. Hence Government.. who do the same thing, but keeps the rest of us in line for each other and to secure their power. There will never be world peace. Our Governments are ridiculous, our people hate each other.. we are animals after all. Not all of us are peaceful. As much as everyone thinks we need to all be the same person to coexist, it will never happen.. and as long as we think differently, we'll all hate each other. Just the way it is.

I don't hate anyone and I know many others don't,, but you know what I mean lol.

dez97

World Peace is something that we can all wish for, however I don't think that it will ever happen. There is always going to be someone who disagrees with someone else....and that will always lead to a fight, and that's exactly how we got here in the first place with no peace so as long as people continue to think that they are right and the other person is always wrong....there will never be world peace.

shilpa123

I do not think world peace comes so easily. It has its own boundaries that you need to take care of. I believe if everyone cooperates then you will definitely have a better opportunity.

Profit5500

For as long as there will be inequality in this world,we will never know peace. How can we know peace when some kid somewhere is sleeping hungry while others are living in opulence? For there to be world peace, the bridge between the rich and the poor should be reduced and by that i mean everyone should be able to afford the basic amenities in life regardless of where they reside.
Inequality separates all of us in every country. I just think when we mention the word peace we do not mean what it is. People were not meant to be peaceful with all the weapons here in this world and the dangerous people who do not want peace.

Patrick

As much as I think it is an almost impossible dream, if we do not try for it world peace will never happen. We cannot give up on such an ideal, especially during such a time where terrorism and small-scale wars are breaking out in many places on Earth.

Rainman

I'm a Christian and I believe that in future there'll be peace in the world when humans no longer are in charge. The reason why there'll never be peace is because are selfish. And greedy. And cruel. Unless we all get rid of those vices, for as long as humans are in charge, world peace shall remain a dream. A mirage.

dyanmarie25

Well, everyone of us wants to attain world peace. But sadly, right now, I don't see it coming in the near future. With the violence and acts of terrorism happening around the world, peace is like just an imagination, highly impossible. Before we could achieve world peace, I think we should beat world hunger and world terrorism first. And these two problems are so huge and cannot be solved easily. Very sad reality.

bala

There are way too many political un rests that happen and unless these are curbed,there ain't a chance for world peace at all.It is possible,but i reckon it ain't in the near future.Lets see if there ever can be one.Hoping for the best.

GlacialDoom

Nope, I don't think world peace will ever be obtainable. It's in human nature to disagree with others, and when disagreements escalate, to fight with the ones you disagree with. It's stupid, but that's just how it is.

The best situation it will ever get to will be if maybe all major forces of the world will be at peace. But even then, there will probably be some small-scale wars (between cartels, terrorist organisations etc.)