Woman Allegedly Tried To Kill Boyfriend With Alarm Clock

Anthony

Super Moderator
attachment.php

Webster police have charged 28-year-old Alicia Gould with attempted murder after they say she tried killing her boyfriend by allegedly throwing a plugged-in radio alarm clock into the motel bathtub while he was taking a bath.

Police responded to a call at Super 8 Motel early Friday morning where they found Gould and her boyfriend having a domestic disturbance. According to police, the couple had a big argument that Gould allegedly tried to end by throwing an alarm clock into the tub
The boyfriend was uninjured during the incident. Due to safety features installed into the electrical system, it stopped the electrical current from making its way through the water. "The ground fault interrupter went off," Webster Police Chief Gerald Pickering said.

Police questioned both of them. After speaking with Gould, they arrested her. "It sounded like there was some admissions, some confessions made to the investigators and the 911 dispatchers prior to the response," Pickering said.

Chief Gerald Pickering said the incident is still under investigation. "I'm sure that there are circumstances that may come out regarding the allegation, and perhaps in defense of the victim," said Pickering.

Gould was charged with second-degree attempted murder and is being at the Monroe County Jail in lieu of $20,000 cash bail. It wasn't immediately clear if she has a lawyer.

Attachments

• AliciaGouldcharged.jpg
    AliciaGouldcharged.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 253
  • Alicia_Gould-1.jpg
    Alicia_Gould-1.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 1,816
Last edited by a moderator:

Allison2021

Why would she try to kill him?
What had he done to her to make her want to attack him
If he had done nothing to provoke that kind of attack, then why was he with such a crazy person? Why would he take that kind of abuse?
Why does the report state anything about $20,000 bail? If she were being held over and never granted bail then why mention it>

pattycake

That just goes to show that a lot of people who are together as a couple shouldn't be. I've certainly had my experience with a guy who was unfit to be with anybody and I dumped him after finally realizing that. And made it my business to learn how to spot other guys who are unfit and avoid them like the plague. Though in other cases, people actually look for and go for somebody with serious social problems, so these kinds of danger are what they could be in for.

Though it's good that electronic devices are now made with water safety features. I didn't know that. That's what saved that guy's hide.

pattycake

Why would she try to kill him?
What had he done to her to make her want to attack him
If he had done nothing to provoke that kind of attack, then why was he with such a crazy person? Why would he take that kind of abuse?
Why does the report state anything about $20,000 bail? If she were being held over and never granted bail then why mention it>

It's no telling. It might have something to do with attention. He not caring about her feelings or something. Or perhaps he's a louse mooching off her and won't lift a finger to bring any money in. I have witnessed women go off and jack a guy up for not helping out with money. But whatever the reason, it was petty, so they shouldn't be together. It's just so hard for most people to see that they need to be alone.

Onionman

We can only go by what information is provided to us. But clearly it's not premeditated. If it had been then I think she could have found a better weapon than an alarm clock! Nonetheless, it's amazing what people will do when they get the red mist.

Gelsemium

Some times people just lose their heads and attack with anything they have at hand. I am glad that the boyfriend survived, but this women proved to be dangerous.

warmweatherwoman

This reminds me of the movie "I Can Do Bad All By Myself" where after finding her boyfriend tried to rape her 16 year old niece she then threw a radio plugged in into the mans bathtub. I should hope there are circumstances that would warrant such an attempt on someones life- but then again..I've heard of crazier events.

Strykstar

She probably wasn't even thinking when she threw it, they were probably just having an argument and she threw whatever was closest to her.
Either that or she decided *his time was up* sorry for the pun but I couldn't resist.

SamClemensMT

This is absolutely the most alarming story I've seen on this forum. Obviously two things come to mind 1) Don't upset a person with a violent temper and 2) If you must upset a person with a violent temper at least keep a travel sized alarm clock. They don't do nearly as much damage.