Woman Claims Jesus Would Pay Her Tab

Anthony

Super Moderator
Kristi-Rhines.jpg
An Oklahoma woman was arrested after authorities say she didn't pay for her meal at a Mexican food restaurant because she claimed Jesus Christ would pay the bill.
The woman, Kristi Rhines, ordered several drinks and a dinner at El Chico restaurant in Lawton.
After she was finished Rhines revealed to her waiter that she had no way to pay for the tab.
She explained to the employees that her husband would be back soon to settle the tab.
However when management asked for her husband’s name, Rhines answered that she is legally married to Jesus Christ, however doesn't have an official marriage license to prove it.
"Jesus would be back soon", she said, according to authorities, and “would be able to walk in and produce U.S. currency to pay for her bill.â€
Management called police. After police confirmed she had no way to pay her restaurant tab, they charged Rhines with fraud and booked her into the Lawton City Jail.

Attachments

• KristiRhines.jpg
    KristiRhines.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 934
Last edited by a moderator:

Muthoni

This woman is either Crazy or misinformed who Jesus is. Too little information can be the result of her confusion on how Jesus takes care of us in this present life. She should have informed the waiter how she intended to pay for her meal before ordering and eating it. I hope that she has an opportunity to read the bible for further clarification.

Gelsemium

Haha, Jesus would pay her bill, actually someone did because she ate and the restaurant owners didn't got paid.

Peninha

I think that some people are totally insane and cause this hilarious situations, poor woman...

pattycake

Playing crazy works in many instances for a person to get what they want. But Jesus definitely wouldn't pay the bill. The dude was a freeloader himself. LOL!

Strykstar

Well, it was at a Mexican restaurant, maybe this is just a big misunderstanding and she was talking about some person she knows called Jesus.

Strykstar

Judging by the smile on her face in the mugshot, she may not be taking the accusation very seriously....

askanison

She sounds like she has some mental issues going on. Who smiles like that in a mug shot? She needs help and hopefully will get it and not be released back out onto the streets to do something else crazy where someone gets hurt because she has faith her husband Jesus will save them or something. Crazy people often slip through the cracks over and over and never get the real help they need because the state either doesn't care or doesn't have any programs in place to help them out.

Riggy

This isn't really something to laugh at. She is clearly deranged and has mental issues. Nobody can possible be this deep into a believe... right?

caparica007

Let's face it, it could be worse, but this women has to be seen by a doctor, this behavior in public will get her more problems.

warmweatherwoman

OK this is a perfect example of people using religion to their advantage. I have a funny short story myself concerning Jesus:

I was in court a few weeks back and witnessed a dispute of two neighbors. After listening to both sides the Judge asked Neighbor #1 if he had any witnesses. The neighbor replies "Jesus Christ is my only witness your honor" to which the judge replied "Well I don't think he will be testifying on your behalf here today sir" The whole courtroom erupted in laughter- including the judge! :D

dolittle94

I don't know whether this is a joke or if this lady is just a serious Jesus freak. Either way, this woman is obviously off her rocker if she really believes that she is not only married to Jesus, but he also was going to pay her bill? I wish the people of America could see how trifling they are; not all of America, but come on people.

shandrum

Well, I've read quite a few reports of terrible crimes that are being committed in this world. She was wrong to do what she did and she should have a consequence for her actions. But, much worse is happening in this world. The report does say she had a few drinks and we all know what alcohol can do to your body. She could have also ingested drugs before she even went to the restaurant. Whatever the case, she's guilty of stupidity to put it mildly....

mairj23

She would have been busting suds if that was my restaurant. It's clear that people today are all drugged out. Who does this stuff? The news has become so negative, yet comical at the same time.