Woman Converting Another To Jesus By Beating Her, Arrested

Rainman

Not all religious fanatics are Muslims. An Idaho woman who violently attacked another in a bid to convert her to Christianity, has been arrested. The Idaho woman violently attacked the Jewish woman [who is an acquaintance of hers]. The thrashing was so severe that the Jewish woman promised to convert to Christianity.

“The Defendant [Harigan] was banging on the front window yelling at her that she better believe in Jesus and she was not going to leave until she did believe in Jesus,†Ada County Prosecutor Dave Rothcheck said.
the victim opened her door to tell Haragan to go away and to write down her license plate number, only to have Haragan slap her in the face and drag her to the ground by her hair.
Harigan began kicking the victim in the stomach and thigh area . . . during this time the she was screaming at the victim that she better accept Jesus or she would not let up.â€
Subjected to that and other violence . . .
In an effort to stop Haragan, the victim said she would convert and Haragan then reportedly let her go and left.
ThaBut will anyone consider an extremist? Won't they say she's but a mentally unhinged person?

Idaho woman arrested for trying to convert Jewish acquaintance to Jesus by beating her

stevesxs9

Unfortunately that is not converting someone but more in the line of assaulting a person. You are drawn to a faith from your free will and not forcefully persuaded by someone to join. These strong arm tactics are illegal in any line of work.

missbishi

The terms "extermist" and "mentally unhinged" seem to be synonymous these days! The crazy thing is, Jesus was Jewish himself!!

Shimus

The terms "extermist" and "mentally unhinged" seem to be synonymous these days! The crazy thing is, Jesus was Jewish himself!!

Indeed. And everyone pictures him as a white caucasian male. He was middle-eastern if the bible is to be believed as well. Mentally Unhinged Zealots, at that. Beating people into something was an effective tool in the middle ages, but not anymore. We're more enlightened.

This is sad and sickening. People like this give the religions a bad name too.

tanker

She decided to become a bible thumper and beat the message of Jesus into her convert literally. I think she wanted her victim to feel they where literally struck by God. There are religous fanatics of all types, even so called peaceful religions like Buddhists are killing each other.

PrideKidd

Wow has society and religion really brought us here. First it sounds like a fanatic for sure but more over someone who is clearly in need of some medical attention. I do not understand how extremeists to any religion are born. If someone is different than you, then try and learn from them not shun them, or in this case beat someone until they accept.

Shimus

It just goes to show you the individual is what is called into question here, and this individual was bonkers from the get go. If she'd resort to violent conversions.

Gabe

There are religious fanatics everywhere and they are not doing it in the name of God or Jesus. Religion should be private and that's why people don't need to spread the word as the Puritans thought they needed to back int he days. There is enough on the TV, in the papers and on the web. I hope the police cautioned her and now everyone knows not to open the door to her. Beating someone up isn't Christian but criminal.

Rainman

There is enough on the TV, in the papers and on the web. I hope the police cautioned her and now everyone knows not to open the door to her. Beating someone up isn't Christian but criminal.
All extremists have their own interpretation of how conversions are supposed to be done. With other religions that were spread by the sword I would understand but Christianity shouldn't be forced on anyone. Someone can claim they've been converted but unless they live their life as "Christ" then that's not conversion. Since almost everyone has heard about Christianity we shouldn't be seeing people going around trying to convert others.

There's a preacher who claimed that he punched a boy to convert him. Now if the leaders set such examples . . .

mrsbright

There are nuts everywhere who will act wrongly and try to justify it to themselves and to others -- religion is an easy justification because the way to interprete the texts vary a lot within religious groups, so anyone can distort it and act on its behalf. But this violence is beyond religious extremism (which I'd say would be to completely follow a religious dogma to the detriment of reason and of safety/growth to oneself) and well into a dangerous criminal act (just like terrorism is about being a criminal, not about the religion itself, in a way)

donnalynn47

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. If I had been that Jewish woman, I'd put the real fear of god in the so called Christian. She'd think twice about converting anyone to anything when she finally got up off the ground.

thegrey1

Unfortunately that is not converting someone but more in the line of assaulting a person. You are drawn to a faith from your free will and not forcefully persuaded by someone to join. These strong arm tactics are illegal in any line of work.

Absolutely! She's a nutjob, pure and simple. Jesus has nothing to do with it.