Woman Doused Boyfriend, Set Him On Fire

Anthony

Super Moderator
Melissa-Dawn-Sellers.jpg
Clearwater Police have charged a Florida woman with aggravated battery after she allegedly set her boyfriend on fire.
Police say the incident started around 2:30 a.m., at a home on the 300 block of Gunn Avenue where 33-year-old Melissa Dawn Sellers and 42-year-old Carlos Ortiz Jr. got into an altercation.
According to a witness, Ines Causevic, the pair had been drinking and Sellers became furious at Ortiz because he had tossed out her spaghetti and meatballs.
Sellers then allegedly doused Ortiz's upper body with nail polish remover and ignited with him a lighter or cigarette, authorities said.
"She was setting little objects on fire, then that turned into pouring nail polish remover all over him, and then all of a sudden, the lighter sparked and he lit on fire," said Causevic.
"When he got up, his face was like melting off, it was pink and sore," he added. "His lips were burning."
[video=youtube_share;TUQIvVXocm0]http://youtu.be/TUQIvVXocm0[/video]
Ortiz was transported to Tampa General Hospital. He is currently listed in critical condition with burns to his face, chest and shoulders.
Sellers left the home before police arrived, but returned later and was arrested, authorities said.
Friends and neighbors of Ortiz were sickened by the attack.
"He's just a nice man," said neighbor Katherine Mudse. "He was trying to help this girl. He took care of her dogs, she got evicted."
Sellers was charged with aggravated battery.

Attachments

• clearwatersellers.jpg
    clearwatersellers.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 936
Last edited by a moderator:

Muthoni

He was actually kind enough to take care of her dogs. How does she repay this favor? She sets him on fire. There is a reason why they say that no matter what you do for some people, they will never be satisfied. She will pay for her crime soon enough, I hope that Ortiz will make a full recovery.

Gelsemium

This woman looks like an animal an in fact doing this to someone just shows that she really can't be in liberty.

Strykstar

Crazy people are everywhere, thank God he survived the incident, even if he might have severe burns.

mimsee

You can always tell when someone is crazy by looking into their eyes..and you can really see it in this woman's eyes. They're soulless and empty. You'd HAVE to be soulless to set someone on fire. I hope she is locked away for a very long time.

pattycake

Yep. Just as a man goes off and kills in cold blood in a selfish rage, you find women who are capable of the same thing. In fact, a male friend of mine got murdered by a female he picked up in a bar. The last time I saw him alive I said to him that he should put her out and he said that he was. Well he never got around to it because she took him out first.

pattycake

You can always tell when someone is crazy by looking into their eyes..and you can really see it in this woman's eyes. They're soulless and empty. You'd HAVE to be soulless to set someone on fire. I hope she is locked away for a very long time.

No. You can't always tell by a person's looks. Often times somebody who looks dangerous is completely harmless and somebody who looks harmless is completely dangerous.

askanison

I have been burned before in a grease fire. It is the most intense and lasting pain I have ever felt and hope to never feel again. I feel for the poor guy and hope he recovers soon with little scarring. People amaze me how they can be so unfeeling and caring to their fellow man. I know she probably has some mental issues, but that is just no excuse. I would hope she would be charged with attempted murder since it was clear she wanted to kill him in the worst ways possible.

pattycake

I have been burned before in a grease fire. It is the most intense and lasting pain I have ever felt and hope to never feel again. I feel for the poor guy and hope he recovers soon with little scarring. People amaze me how they can be so unfeeling and caring to their fellow man. I know she probably has some mental issues, but that is just no excuse. I would hope she would be charged with attempted murder since it was clear she wanted to kill him in the worst ways possible.

I'm glad that you are okay. Though a lot of men are attracted to wayward females and often suffer the consequences for getting involved with one the same as do women who are attracted to and get involved with wayward males. There's always a lesson to be learned and I hope that this young man has learned something. I recently saw a movie on Netflix, I forget the name at the moment, but it was about a man who was attracted to a wayward female who turned out to be completely insane and he suffered the consequences for getting involved with her.

Riggy

Jesus Christ! Honestly... What goes through people's heads? She may have been intoxicated but that's hardly an excuse for what she did. Also, I'm pretty sure she needs to see someone for her mental state. It's obvious she has something going on in there that simply isn't working right.

headmaster

Lock her up in a mental institution and throw away the key. She is definitely a menace and danger to society.

Peninha

Yeah, that requires a lot of evil to be inside of you, she wanted to cause him an horrible death, it's hard to believe how can someone be like this.

caparica007

True, not only she wanted to kill him, but set him on fire is taking a step further, like if that is possible.

dolittle94

Okay, I don't mean to be rude and messed up, but this chick looks like the type of person that you should know just by looking at her that she doesn't play around when it comes to food. She looks like the kind of person that will bite your finger off before she ever shares a fried chicken wing with you let alone a whole meal of spaghetti. Yes, it's crazy, but that's why you should know just how insane a person is before you touch their food. I hope the ex-boyfriend gets better though. I still can't believe it all happened over some stupid spaghetti.

Onionman

Spaghetti and meatballs. Wow, not that's a stretch in terms of reason why you should try to kill your boyfriend...It's obvious that she has a few problems, and maybe there were issues with their relationship. But the amount of low level triggers that people seem to be reacting to are scary on this site. She needs help.

Sweetheart

What is with these people in Florida? I heard a woman talking about doing something like this and she described using hairspray. Any woman who even contemplates using something like this is just nuts. What I wonder about this one is has he ever threatened or assaulted her. I mean some women might have this as a last resort if you can't protect yourself but this is just extreme.

mairj23

I cant believe the things people do to one another. Drunk or not, you should know what's right or wrong. More silly crimes happen in Florida than anywhere else in the country. All of these different races and nationalities under one roof, spells for a disaster.

Gabe

Some people are crazy and you just don't know when people will turn. I don't know how or why they do these things because either they are really stupid or need to locked up with therapy.