Woman got naked at Dunkin’ Donuts on a dare, police say

Rainman

A woman who was [or still is] part of a dance troupe in Greenacre, Fla., shed off her disrobed in public then sat outside a Dunkin Donuts on a dare. This was part of a pledge to the dance troupe. Concerned people offered her clothes but she refused them. Police officers were then called to the scene to arrest the nudist. She will be charged with indecent exposure.

You'd think people would be smarter than that. When people make unreasonable demands, you can just say "NO," how hard is that?

dyanmarie25

A dance troupe also has some kind of initiation rites? Well, I think some people are just too gullible to accept this kind of dare. As for me, I would never do that as I find it really humiliating. And also, I have a dignity to protect.

Gabe

Sheer stupidity, these pledges are created to cause humiliation and now she has a police record. Not so clever to join a group. Pledges should be legal and those that break the law are clearly ridiculous and just because it is a pledge doesn't excuse the action.

GlacialDoom

She was probably drunk when she did that. If she wasn't, then I truly feel sorry for her, as it's a really dumb and unreasonable proposition to agree to. I wouldn't do that over a simple dare, my decency is way more important than a stupid game.

stevesxs9

That's the whole problem. They don't want to say no. They would rather tempt fate and get arrested rather than do the right thing and show responsibility.

missbishi

That sounds like the sort of behavior you could expect from a frat house maybe but from a dance troupe? Really, she should have known it's illegal to get naked in public.

pandabear1991

I don't understand what makes people think these pledges are so serious? Sounds to me like some disliked her and just wanted to see how much of a fool they could make out of her. That was definitely no way to gain their acceptance, they just wanted a show. The girl couldn't read in between the lines that they didn't really want her in their "dance troupe." Instead she pushed for something that was obviously ridiculous. No pledge is worth humiliating yourself or for a criminal record.

marcamm

This woman could have been drugged, drunk, or threatened in some way; no sane woman would do such a shameful act. She might have been desperate as well; really wanted to be part of the group. Either way, she is just plain stupid, because if those people made her do that without her being officially at the group then, what more could they make her do when she is accepted? What if they make her open her legs for her, would she have done it too?

Patrick

Well I hope she learned a valuable lesson from this. Those people who dared her are in no way her friends, she should stay away from them.

Determined2014

We can simply say no, but I guess she wanted to do it in a more difficult manner,am glad she is getting charged, I hope this sets an example to others who might want to do the same.

shilpa123

I think it is just stupidity. I do not think there is anything more humiliating than that. I do think one must be more careful while joining a group.

May102014

It's surprising how far people can go just because of a dare. Though were given a brain to think rationally, some often misuse it. My point is why do the things you know isn't gonna do you any good. She traded her self-worth and dignity just to feel accepted by temporary people. Being in a dance troupe is momentary yet being naked in front of a lot of people and being arrested for it lasts a long time.

hellonamesdan

The things that people do in order to become of some sort of group is increasingly ridiculous to me. Hazing is ridiculous. I hate it so much.

Rosyrain

Oh wow, no group or club is worth me getting a police record for. You have to consider the consequences before you decide to take on a dare like that. If she was stupid enough to commit that act, then she deserves the police record...common sense!

I wonder what kind of dance troupe this was, exactly. There are dancers and there are dancers. If you have ever seen the movie " Showgirls"... oh yeah, I can see the very nasty, catty, treacherous ladies of that group of dancers pulling a stunt like this.

hellonamesdan

I wonder what kind of dance troupe this was, exactly. There are dancers and there are dancers. If you have ever seen the movie " Showgirls"... oh yeah, I can see the very nasty, catty, treacherous ladies of that group of dancers pulling a stunt like this.

They do hazing stuff like this at my school too, not just for frats and sororities. They do it for sports teams, clubs, even our dance teams. You need to be good enough and dedicated enough to do something stupid like that in order to get in, which is why I refuse to join anything on my campus.