Woman Pleads Not Guilty To Double-Murder

Anthony

Super Moderator
attachment.php

A Vermont woman is accused of killing her former fiancé and his son on the day he ended their engagement.
Robin O'Neill, 62, pleaded not guilty Thursday to two counts of second-degree murder for allegedly killing Steven Lott, 60, and his son Jamis, 28.
According to court records, Lott had recently broken off his engagement to O'Neill and asked her to move out.
The alleged incident happened in the home they shared.
When Vermont State Police arrived at the scene, they said O’Neill appeared to be drunk.
A friend of the family says he was visiting at the house just before the alleged shooting.
"I left because they were arguing," said Morgan Lynch.
O’Neill told police she and Lott had been arguing recently and he had allegedly become physical with her.
She told police she had been drinking a lot of wine that night. Lott’s son came to the house to do his laundry, the affidavit said.
O'Neill told police the men were talking in the kitchen. She claims she can't remember what happened after that.
She told police that she might have picked up a gun or had it in her hand and saw the two men on the floor in a pool of blood, according to court records.
"This is just shocking," said Laura Smith, another friend of the Lotts.
Smith also said that the couple were invited to her house for Thanksgiving. "They usually come every year; good friends," Smith said. "And we know the kids real well. So I just don't know to respond to it yet."
O'Neill is being held without bail. She is scheduled for a court appearance in December.

Attachments

• RobinONeill.jpg
    RobinONeill.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 170
  • Robin-O-Neill2.jpg
    Robin-O-Neill2.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 1,788
Last edited by a moderator:

caparica007

Another tragic ending to a relationship, people snap and kill the ones they used to love, what a sad story.

SF13

I'm not even sure what to think about this. This was not an accident and she deserves everything that she gets when it comes to the law. How many people will use excuses like drinking wine and anger as a way to try and justify something?

Maybe she told the truth... that she did leave and come back to find them like that. It's doubtful, though. It's real doubtful.

pattycake

The man broke it off with her and asked her to move out?

Uh huh. Yep. That sounds quite familiar, and she definitely killed that man and his son. She's guilty. It was probably the son who told his father to call it off and throw her out. She figured that out or knew it for sure and why she killed him too.

pattycake

Another tragic ending to a relationship, people snap and kill the ones they used to love, what a sad story.

This has nothing to do with love or a relationship. It's about being taken care of. Having food and shelter. She snapped and killed the ones who no longer wanted to take care of her.

Taking on an adult size baby can be a very lethal thing to do, literally flirting with death, because when you decide to stop putting up with that person they snap and kill because they got nothing of their own and nowhere else to go.

There are many many people on police registers who were slain by indigenous people who were asked to leave the premises. The attacks have nothing to do with love or a relationship.

Gelsemium

That's right, I don't know how she could do it though, she has to be totally insane to pull something like this.

pattycake

That's right, I don't know how she could do it though, she has to be totally insane to pull something like this.

Did you ever see the movie "The Hand That Rocks The Cradle"?

It's about a woman and the outrageous things she did to be taken care of. Which included murder.

You are right that the person is completely insane, but understand that not being taken care of is the reason for the attack.

Gelsemium

I think I've seen it, but in that case it was a baby-sitter right? We need to be aware of who we have inside our place.

Peninha

That woman looks really scary and it has to be a person with no heart to take the life of others...

Allison2021

I am surprised that an elderly person would loose control. I do not hear of someone in that age group loosing control to the point of committing violent murder.
I have read about so many similar cases over the years. There is often one common thread. They live together. That elderly woman was not just loosing her man, she was loosing her place to live. She may have possibly face homelessness.

Strykstar

I am surprised that an elderly person would loose control. I do not hear of someone in that age group loosing control to the point of committing violent murder.

That's true, we rarely see elderly people go on killing sprees, they usually are very mellow and kind.
That's discounting case of elderly dementia though, that also may have been the case here.

caparica007

We never know when someone can snap or what sort of events can do it, but yeah, she could b suffering some disease.

Muthoni

It is true that there is nothing as dangerous as a woman who feels rejected with a gun in her hands. There is a reason why it is advisable to break up with someone in public. I know that it does not make sense right now because these two are dead. They should have packed all her stuff and put it outside so that she could not have had access to their home. May they rest in peace.