Would you eat insects?

helaofthenorns

I was watching the television this morning when I came across a documentary about exotic food in different countries. I live in the Philippines, and I am no stranger to strange dishes. One of the things that is considered a delicacy here is crickets. I haven't really tried it, but many say that crickets taste good. They are also healthier compared to pork and beef!

Would you eat crickets or any other exotic food if you were given the chance?

al_cricket_plate.jpg

Profit5500

I would not want to touch those for the world. They look nasty as it is and yeah they seem rich in protein. I would not want to digest these critters.

youngtag

Yes.I remember one day visiting the Kenyan cost is when I was introduced to this nutritious and lovely insects though many of our rural communities would take it as a taboo.It is very common food to many of the coastal communities.

justscrewit

If it was between life and death, of course I would! Have you ever tried a dung beetle with extra salt? It is delicious.. Oh and try some roasted black widow... It is to DIE for! lol

I've actually developed quite a phobia for insects in general, I wouldn't even dare get close to one let alone put it in my mouth .. yuck. A grown man so scared of little insects it's quite funny .. but what can you do, irrational fear:S.

bala

No...Strictly NO...!!
I am a vegan and have been since birth and even in the event of no food,i would still not resort to eating insects.I would rather die a vegan death than eating an insect.I don't now but choices may vary depending on the instance..:p

jaygee

If I were stranded somewhere and I was starving to death, then sure, bring 'em on! If I've got a choice, then heck no! Bleah.

Whitewolf2578

I would try them once, but only if I drank some super hot sauce first and then do it. I know about the protein thing, but I still will take a steak of eating crunchy crickets.

Nevi

I just can't, for a modern society this kind of practice has been replaced by chicken, cow, pig, fish, shrimp, vegetables. If it boils down for survival and between life and death because of starvation, then maybe.

Profit5500

If it was between life and death, of course I would! Have you ever tried a dung beetle with extra salt? It is delicious.. Oh and try some roasted black widow... It is to DIE for! lol
Ewwwww man I would not want to shove a black widow in my mouth. Dung beetle with extra salt sounds nasty I would not be surprised if someone brings in fried spider legs.

helaofthenorns

After watching the movie, 'Alive', about the surviving rugby team of a plane crash in the Andes Mountains, who survived by eating the flesh of their dead friends? Yes I would!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkS9cWT_ZVo

Haha! I will never forget this movie! I still remember that part where they ate the butt of their friend. Ugghhh. I would rather eat crickets though! Sadly, I do not think that there are bugs in ice mountains.

januz101

I have eaten insects before. I have also eaten bats and frog.They both taste like chicken though..

joshua minaya

For me it is very possible to eat insects as a matter of fact there are a couple of insects that i have eaten in the past which were very nutritious and delicious to me so of course some insects are edible and good to eat.

stevesxs9

I have heard that Insects are considered as delicacies in some parts of the world. But I would not consider eating them unless my life depended on it. I would try eating green leafy plants before I would eat Insects.

Muthoni

Yes I would like to eat them. My dream job is to be a food critic; they get to sample all the delicious foods brought on their table. I would enjoy tasting all those insects that are eaten by other fellow mankind. I could ask for a blindfold so that I do not judge the food based on the appearance.

PhilA

I see this all the time on TV, there is no way in hell I would ever eat any insects or bugs.

dolittle94

I was watching the television this morning when I came across a documentary about exotic food in different countries. I live in the Philippines, and I am no stranger to strange dishes. One of the things that is considered a delicacy here is crickets. I haven't really tried it, but many say that crickets taste good. They are also healthier compared to pork and beef!

Would you eat crickets or any other exotic food if you were given the chance?
I kind of live by the motto, "Don't dis it until you try it," so yes I would at least try crickets before I label them as disgusting. It's not really the look of the food that matters to me (although it does help); I'm more interested in the taste. Besides, when I had went on a cruise on time, I had ordered escargot (a.k.a. snails) and those weren't bad. It was definitely weird, but not bad. So, I say bring on the crickets!

Profit5500

The nasty critters have some proteins in them. I would like a tutorial on eating and cooking those insects. I just do not feel good about digesting bugs.

Muthoni

Yes I would be happy to try eating insects if they tasted good. However, they must not look disgusting or ooze out substances when I eat them. I would prefer to eat the insects in a sandwich or concealed in another meal. I could add them to a milkshake to increase the nutritional value every now and then.