Would you eat insects?

Patrick

I would not eat whole crickets, their appearance would put me off entirely. However, if ground into a paste, I wouldn't mind trying it out I suppose. It's a really good source of protein, low in fat.

Onionman

When I went to Thailand I tried a beef dish that was coated in a red ants in sauce. It didn't taste too bad. The ants were almost nutty. But at the same time I kind of felt a bit strange eating all these little ants just for the sake of it. So I'm not sure whether I'd try it again.

Teens In Crisis

I've had crickets, meal worms, ant larvae tacos, and all kinds of other stuff. Meat is meat, and I'm not afraid to eat it! Lots of cultures eat this kind of stuff, so I'm not worried about it.

GlacialDoom

While there is no way in HELL I would eat insects under normal circumstances (I am really picky with food, and have been trying to expand my horizons in this area during the past few months), if I was starving in a remote place and this would be my only option left for survival, yeah, I would eat the disgusting little buggers.

askanison

I will try anything you put in front of me at least once. I don't care if it even has a bit of life left in it. If I like it and it tastes good I will eat it. I am open to trying anything new so I don't miss out on something that may look nasty, but taste heavenly. As for all of you turning up your noses, the FDA decided years ago that a degree of insects that fall in or are added to food is acceptable. If you have eaten processed food then you have eaten bugs. It is estimated that the average eater eats nearly a pound of insects per year unintentionally. Thrips and Aphids are legally allowed in apple butter, frozen broccoli, and frozen brussels sprouts. Eat or use canned mushrooms? Then you have eaten maggots, 20 maggots are allowed per every 100 grams of drained mushrooms. Drink OJ? Fruit flies are allowed in juices and on average you toss back 5 fruit flies with every swallow of juice. Want to avoid those bugs? Eat less processed food and more fresh food.

bluekknd2

You gotta live as the Romans, when in Rome. Am I out hunting in my backyard? Nope. But if I was experiencing a new culture, why not? It won't kill me, I hope!

Josie

For so much money I would never have a worry again in my life? Yes lol. Uncooked? Not for anything. And most foods are healthier than beef and pork lol, so I wouldn't doubt insects are.

oraclemay

I would not unless I had to. If it meant that it was the only way for me to survive, then I probably would eat anything, but I'd sooner try and catch a fish or two. The thought of insects as food just ruins my appetite!

Gabe

I'm a vegetarian so I wouldn't, but I know in many other countries people eat them as part of their normal diet, especially in Asia. Besides not eating anything that lived, I'm not sure how much nutrition there would be in them.

A big no. But heaven help me, if I'm in a survival situation where I was starving, I would. But then I must be really hungry and without hope of ever finding a McDonalds in the middle of the desert where I have become lost.

Shimus

Unless I was told to by Bear Grylls, then no. Truly if I had to, then yes. Or if they're prepared like a delicacy in some nations I don't mind it, because obviously it doesn't poison you. And there's always a beverage/way to get the taste out of your mouth.

kana_marie

Banned
For enough money I'll eat anything you set in front of me... as long as it won't kill me. I can trick myself I to believing anything is something else.

Nate

I'm sure if I was starving I could. I am not the type that would do it for money though. It would have to be a VERY large sum. Insects gross me out ever since I was little and my friend squished one and waved it in my face to mess with me. I pushed him down and ran lol.

sillylucy

I would eat insects and I have eaten insects! My grandmother tricked me into eating a chocolate covered cricket when I was a kid. She laughed when she saw my expression while revealing what I had really ate. It was a mean trick, but in all honesty, they tasted pretty good! It is a good source of protein. If people are starving then they need to eat something!

FuZyOn

Well, I would eat if I REALLY had to, but other than that no. I am very scared of insects, spiders etc. and even being near most insects sends shivers down my spine.
I heard that they taste good and some are very healthy, but I still have to get over my phobia.

wameyo

I think the only insects that I can stomach are locusts. They taste nice by the way. I could only eat any other insects that look like locusts. But please don't tell me the name of the insect, at least until I'm done with my meal.