Would you turn a loved one in?

Gabe

If it was a crime and they had no remorse then yes I would turn them in. I don't really have that many people I care about, but I think doing the right thing is more important. It depends what the circumstances are, if I was asked if I knew where they were or how to find them, I can only guess if I don't know so that's not turning them in and only going to the police and telling them to come and arrest someone is turning them in. You can only do that if they confess.

bala

I think I would tell them to turn themselves in because the situation will only be worse if they have to be brought in.
I think it would also depend on the crime.
What you stated here does makes sense,but do you really think they wlil turn themselves in all by themselves forsaking all that they have had..?
It surely will depend on the intensity of the crime and the nature.

GlacialDoom

While I like to think that I would do the right thing, I don't think I would turn my loved one in, at least not unless she would turn out to be a serial killer or something like that.

May102014

Deciding to turn a loved one in is a very tough choice to make. Imagine, the one you lived with all your life, the one who cared for you, the one you knew everything about would go to jail for a crime you never thought they would ever do. However If I were to choose, I'd still turn that person in considering it is the right thing to do. The law excuses none and if you really care then you shall let justice prevail.

PrideKidd

I would like to think the best of myself and say for certain I could just turn my family in. (unless your Aunt Becky, then your def. going down lol :p)

If it were to protect me like someone was trying to hurt my loved ones or myself and that was the only option then I....eh...I do not know where my heart would lie. I guess it really depends on the circumstance. Like I said though, I would like to think the best of me and say I could just give them up but when it is family thats a hard one.

Determined2014

I would turn them in, because if they had the courage to kill someone, what makes it so difficult for him not to kill me , yet he has confessed the truth to me, so I would save my self by turning him in and move as far as possible.

Rosyrain

I absolutely would turn them in because I would not want to get in trouble for not doing so, not to mention that the person needs to face justice. I would actually hope that the loved one did not tell me about it at all. I would not want to be in the situation to have to turn that person in. This is one of those instances in life where "ignorance is bliss."

jesuslover0314

I think I would have to turn them in. If it put my life in danger with the person being out of jail or it helped someone else, I would do it, for their own good.

kana_marie

Banned
There are too many factors to be able to give a flat yes or no answer. It matters who it is. If it were one of my kids I would absolutely NOT turn them in regardless of the severity of the crime. For everyone else it would depend on who they are, who they hurt, what happened to push them to commit the crime, and how just the courts are in the area, and the REAL cost of them going away. It isn't money that matters when I look at the real cost. It's the affect its going to have on the innocent. After I considered all those factors is when I could come to a confident decision.

dez97

To be honest I really could not say if I would or I wouldn't, I would really have to be placed in that position to see what it is that I really do.

JoanMcWench

It would depend on the specifics of the situation. There are cases where murder can be justified. If my loved one killed a child there is really no circumstance where that would be acceptable. I'd turn them in after knocking them out.

aparsons

Yes, I would. I know it would be a difficult decision to make, but I morally would have to do it. If it was murder specifically that they admitted to, I know I would feel unimaginably guilty if they were to ever kill again, knowing I had the ability to stop it. I know that family has to stick together, but in a situation such as this I would have to turn them in.

Gelsemium

That's how I feel too dez. On one side I want justice to be made, but on the other hand seeing a loved one facing justice has to be something hard, so I really can't say.