Are you aware of events around your city?

js85

This weekend I helped a friend put on a festival sponsored by the city. It was an art festival and took place in our downtown. A police officer stopped by to ask what it was all about. He wasn't inquiring as if he was going to shut us down, he was just curious because he hadn't heard about it. I would think a festival taking up an entire downtown park would have been shared with police officers on patrol at the time, but he was clueless. Is this normal?

bala

It seemed ridiculous that the cop knew nothing on those riots,because they are mostly briefed on it.Oh and yeah absolutely.I know it all on what's happening in and around the city,at least i am informed of it mostly.It helps because,you can avoid and take a different route if you wish.

Lin

This weekend I helped a friend put on a festival sponsored by the city. It was an art festival and took place in our downtown. A police officer stopped by to ask what it was all about. He wasn't inquiring as if he was going to shut us down, he was just curious because he hadn't heard about it. I would think a festival taking up an entire downtown park would have been shared with police officers on patrol at the time, but he was clueless. Is this normal?
It's normal. Not all the cops would have been on duty at the time when permission was asked at the police station for the keeping of the event. Once there is an even in the community of that magnitude, the cops at the station have to give permission for it. But not all the cops will be aware of it.