Coca-Cola apologizes for offensive bottle cap message

jesuslover0314

Wow, I have never even thought of Coca-Cola company posting such messages but I guess I am wrong. This is very strange, and I am curious to know who in the world done such messages. Couldn't they face jail time for doing such things?

thegrey1

Lord people! Does anybody have a sense of humor anymore? This is absolutely hilarious! Obviously the "disgruntled employee" or whoever it was didn't know whether the girl was a "retard," or an Albert Einstein! If I got a bottlecap like that, I'd laugh myself silly! I hear the F word everywhere I go, but if somebody says an UNPOPULAR word, it's the end of the world as we know it! Sorry to preach, but this stuff seems crazy to me.

Whitewolf2578

Well I guess it takes another country to get offended by something like that. Here in the US it's not really a swear word at all, but that really isn't something funny to say. Though if I had bought it and read it, I would have thought I was stupid for even drinking that flavored water that is supposed to be good for you. She got trolled.

lushlala

Wow, it does look like a disgruntled employee was trying to sabotage Coca-cola! Or someone who was on the verge of being shown the door. Heads are probably rolling round about now. Just appalling!

stevesxs9

These things will eventually happen when there is a lapse of inspection and a comfort zone is formed. I know it's hard but companies have to do a better job of monitoring these situations.

May102014

I can't imagine having a bad day and then opening a bottle with "You Retard" printed on the cap. That would really set me off! Sooner or later the person involved in printing it would be caught. I mean what was that specific person thinking? ruining the companies image just for the fun of it.

katherine25

i never heard about this until now! clearly someone knew they were already getting fired so they pulled this crap to get back at the company.

FuZyOn

Wow, I'm surprised that something like this happened to a big company like Coca Cola. It was definitely their fault for this issue but I'm glad they stood up to it and apologized profusely.
I hope that the person responsible got punished.

mrsbright

This is a sucky apology. They basically do not assume real blame and do not offer compensation; their explanation seems fibble and I don't think the apology sounds sincere... But what else could be expected from Coca-Cola. This company is evil, and I usually am against such black/white words.

Peachdejour

Okay. It is really unlikely that they will figure out who actually put the message in the bottle. They are not going to put the investigative money into tracking that bottle back to the correct distributing plant and shift unless the contents are truly harmful. They issued a public apology and that is a done deal. An employee got a cheap laugh. Yes, coke owns Vitamin Water. Most of those drinks in the store are either owned by Pepsi or Coke. Yes, we should all drink more plain water- the government should stop putting so much fluoride in it (that might be another thread). End of the day, someone was rude, and Coke had to pay the PR department overtime.

taki

Its just words. While it is unfortunate that this girl found this in the end it is just words. No real harm was done. I'm a bleeding heart liberal and even I can't muster up any righteous anger about this. Its just too retarded!