helaofthenorns

I have read so many news articles about police officers who have been in hot water because of corruption allegations. Do you know anyone who has been accused of this? How do you feel? Do you treat them differently?

GemmaRowlands

The problem is that the media are never going to want to comment on the police officers that aren't corrupt, because that just doesn't make for a good story at all. They only want to report on the exception to the rule, but as a result of that, there is always the chance that people are going to believe that a lot of officers are like that. In any job role, you will have people who are dishonest and corrupt; you just have to hope that this type of people are found out before things go too far and before they're able to do any great deal of damage. Have trust in the police, and remember that the honest people outnumber the dishonest people by far.

js85

I think the only way to look at this is as we look at anything else. There will always be bad, whether you're a person of the law, an athlete, a banker, or a secretary. There are always bad eggs in any area.

milyjohnson

I wonder if other cops treat the bad cops differently too. It's because of the bad cops that the good ones look bad too. I know my brother doesn't like being associated with the bad cops since he does his job.

januz101

The current Police Director of (Philippine National Police)PNP is currently under public scrutiny as he has allegedly did not declared all of his current assets and liabilities. Police officers are required to submit their annual SALN as they will be checked on their current lifestyle and if they have acquired any property which is beyond their financial capacity.

Rahstyles

Unfortunately there will always be bad cops as there are bad people in just about all walks of life.

I do feel sorry for the good cops who get smeared with the same brush when they are doing the right thing and are only suffering because of the bad cops.

januz101

Sadly issues like these often sometimes gets through the public and the majority of the cops who are all playing by the book gets badmouth and generalized as thieves and liars.

Cant really blame some cops for having corrupt practices as their salaries are very small and they cant keep up with their living expenses.

Rainman

I know two cops who were accused of being corrupt. Actually the accusation was true. They knew some guys who sold drugs but made no arrests because they got some cash from the sale of the drugs. It was supposed to be a hush-hush partnership but such things won't go unnoticed or unreported for long because the community knew what was going on. Someone told on the two and things got ugly from then on.

Doulachic79

I was having this discussion the other day with my best friend about this issue. We were wondering if this sort of corrupt behavior stems from childhoood/teenage issues that progress into adulthood. I have personally spoken to two family members that are officers and know they experienced severe bullying in high school. When I asked them if the bullying had any influence on their decision to become an officer, they took a few beats to think about it. One denied it and the other did mention that it affected his decision.

It's sort of like the man who wasn't good looking in high school and grows up to treat women inappropriately. There's got to be some sort of connection. This isn't across the board, and I know this.

Profit5500

The problem is that the media are never going to want to comment on the police officers that aren't corrupt, because that just doesn't make for a good story at all. They only want to report on the exception to the rule, but as a result of that, there is always the chance that people are going to believe that a lot of officers are like that. In any job role, you will have people who are dishonest and corrupt; you just have to hope that this type of people are found out before things go too far and before they're able to do any great deal of damage. Have trust in the police, and remember that the honest people outnumber the dishonest people by far.
Unfortunately there are lots of corrupt people whether they are cops or not. I just do not feel I can trust a lot of officers in power I just don't get that feeling. Mainly me being black and having to see and read lots of corrupt issues with the police harming blacks. Even in my town I do not see the Turlock Police having one minority on the force and I wonder why that is.

januz101

You cant keep things in secrecy for that long. Someone will definitely tell on you and report you to the authority. And doing corrupt practices will definitely become a habit until one day you will meet your own demise..

bala

Lolz..there is a politician in my area who goes about catching cops unawares when they take bribes.We all are a part of this network where we lay traps and catch cops who take bribe from motorists.
We threaten to leak their video on the net if they don't subject to our request..That is "join in our network" and find other corrupt cops.He of course to oblige and he helps us tell how other cops sneak in money.
We plan to reform corrupt cops and have been successful so far.