Do cops have support groups?

True2marie

Let's face facts. Dealing with the public is hard. It's hard to please people you encounter at their worst hour. So, I am wondering if police officers have support groups they can go to for emotional help.

Currently, I work in a call center for a state insurance plan. Our members call up drunk, high and just plain stupid. Being patient and kind isn't always easy. I seriously have to pray on a daily basis prior to picking up the first call. So, I can only imagine what it must be like to be a police officer and try to maintain law and order.

wulfman

There are support groups for everything nowadays. From drug addicts to overweight people. With a high stress job like being a cop (in some cities) there is no doubt they have their own support groups. Probably even therapists devoted to helping cops.

Dixons

As said earlier, there are support groups for almost anything. I'm sure there are support groups dedicated to police officers. Obviously the things they encounter in their daily job could go way beyond what a regular citizen has to face each day.

lei

Yes, look at all the stuff that they see on a daily. It's like almost as bad as going to war, it's terrible. They'd probably lose their mind if they didn't.

Ricardo187

Yes, I'm pretty sure they have support groups they can go for psychological help. It is available for every cop, but I think some are even forced to take psychological help when they deal with certain situations. After all they have to ensure that they're capable.

bala

I am willing to only second the thoughts and no denials.There are support groups for even the stupidest activities,and there ought to be one for cops and other police forces too.They could seek for psychological help within their own clan and it really is because they have to endure the toughest challenges.