Do you take anything for stress or anxiety?

js85

I have anxiety issues and get stressed out easily, and I can imagine there are stressful situations that you can use a "chill out" for? Do you take anything to keep your emotions in check while dealing with the law?

Whitewolf2578

I don't take anything. The only reason people have stress issues is because they are filling themselves with those kinds of feelings. The key to fight stress is to exercise, pills are not going to help you overcome your stress or anxiety. You must just face your trouble as if you were a Spartan!

Rainman

I agree. Stress is all in the mind. Taking some kind of medication may only be a temporary fix. Best thing to do is face the issues that are troubling you or talk to a shrink if it's really bad. For other things, that need not worry you that much, hit the gym and those feelings will go away as you work out.
Aerobic exercise is the key for your head, just as it is for your heart. It has a unique capacity to exhilarate and relax, to provide stimulation and calm, to counter depression and dissipate stress. Endurance athletes commonly experience the restorative power of exercise, and this has been verified in clinical trials that have used exercise to treat anxiety and depression.

Lexi

Meditation, yoga and a healthy diet. Completely erases stress. You don't need a pill or anything. If you eat healthy and meditate or do yoga, (or both) you will see great results and feel much better.

bala

Stress comes as a result of your mind set and to combat it we really need to change the mindset.This might sound crazy but once you deeply meditate(not when in a stressed out situation,but) over a constant time period,say a few months,the stress factor will slowly fade away because you have changed your mindset from STRESS to a more "solution" oriented way.
Call me crazy,but this really really works.

Determined2014

I used to have anxiety to the point I would have some bad panic attacks, I was prescribed for some drugs whilch only made me sleep heavily, but I am glad to announce that I no longer take the drugs, I now depend on meditation and exercise.

Patrick

Weight training or boxing can help to vent your frustration and de-stress in a healthy way.

I don't recommend taking anything, be it alcohol or pills or cigarettes to cope with stress. Reliance on any substance is never good.

mscolumalum

I take 150mg of Zoloft for anxiety. I've been taking it off and on for the past few years. It's definitely helpful at keeping me calm and has even made me lose wight that I gained from stress eating. I wouldn't say everyone who has anxiety needs medicine, but it is definitely something to consider if you have really bad anxiety.

Patrick

I take 150mg of Zoloft for anxiety. I've been taking it off and on for the past few years. It's definitely helpful at keeping me calm and has even made me lose wight that I gained from stress eating. I wouldn't say everyone who has anxiety needs medicine, but it is definitely something to consider if you have really bad anxiety.

Just a question out of curiosity, please don't be offended:

Have you felt a greater reliance on this medication after taking it? Not so much that you find yourself craving it, but do you feel much more uncomfortable when stressed and you can't take any Zoloft?

mscolumalum

Don't worry, I'm not offended. Actually, I haven't experienced any cravings for Zoloft. In the periods when I didn't take it my anxiety was higher, but I didn't feel any more stressed out than I did before I started taking Zoloft to begin with. I will say that you can have a some side affects when you stop taking it, but it's mostly a headache or something like that.

mimsee

If you need an exercise routine that is fun and easy to stick with and start up, try Zumba :) it works your legs (which houses the largest muscles in your body) with a lot of different dance routines from around the world. It's really fun and you can do it at home if you're too shy to dance in front of other people..otherwise there are Zumba classes at almost every gym or fitness center. I really recommend it! It helped me lose 210 pounds and a LOT of stress.

Peninha

I have never take medicines or drugs to stress, I think that the best way to stress out is exercise.

askanison

Dealing with stress can be hard and most people turn to medication when they should just get out more and exercise. Studies have shown stress to be the number one cause of most health problems in men. Being a police officer has got to be one of the most stressful jobs there is. I would try and look at my diet, sleeping habits, and start a regular exercise program before I turned to popping a happy pill. I realize that some people would fail with this approach and need a medication to help since everyone's situation is different.

Strykstar

I don't take any medication for either stress or anxiety, I do feel some like everybody else but I always try to do some unwinding before bed and I think that relaxes me.
I'd be a lot more stressed if life was just eat-sleep-work-repeat.

I concur with everyone above. Any outside pills, etc. for stress? Not a good idea, unless a doctor recommends it. I would say exercise and video games are the way. Spend your free time with those, you will be really relaxed.

shandrum

I take B-12 5000 mcg Super Strength Sublingual Liquid to help relieve my stress, anxiety, and to maintain my energy levels. I am not a police officer, but I do deal with 10 special needs children who have behavioral issues and are on the Autism Spectrum. So, naturally my patience is tested on a daily basis. I started taking B-12 in liquid form over three years ago. I can tell when I do not have my daily dose, so it works! B-12 is a water soluble vitamin, so you don't need to worry about vitamin intoxication. Your body will excrete what it does not need or use. I started to notice a notable change after 2 weeks.

shamanas

A good workout in the gym does wonders.
After working out, I just feel much less stressed as well as being able to think more clearly, it works wonders on me!

goldenmaine

Not an officer, but I take multivitamins with iron as an anti stress supplement. It doesn’t really say that it can take away stress but it has some sort of placebo on me that I feel much relaxed after taking this certain tablet. I take it once daily before I go to sleep and I feel very good when waking up in the morning.

marcamm

There are many ways to combat stress without taking any medications. Actually, it depends on the person. Find some ways that suits you, like exercising, reading books, going out with friends or someone special, having a therapeutical massage or reflexology - the possibilities are endless. Taking pills for everything causes you to be dependent on them eventually, and that is not a good thing.

Rosyrain

I tend to get stressed out and worked up easy and I know that I do it to myself. When I am engrossed in a hobby, or I am able to take my mind of things, I feel so much better. I am always worried about something and have always been this way. I really have to keep myself from doing it.