Do you take anything for stress or anxiety?

Vickeree

A cup of tea and I have this ritual in the morning where I do power breathing. Nothing spectacular, just breathing explosively through the nose and exhaling forcefully as well. I find that this oxygenates my body and gives me a feeling of calmness and sometimes even light headed. Don't do this in public tho unless you wanna look like a panting rhino :)

missbishi

I take B-12 5000 mcg Super Strength Sublingual Liquid to help relieve my stress, anxiety, and to maintain my energy levels. I am not a police officer, but I do deal with 10 special needs children who have behavioral issues and are on the Autism Spectrum. So, naturally my patience is tested on a daily basis. I started taking B-12 in liquid form over three years ago. I can tell when I do not have my daily dose, so it works! B-12 is a water soluble vitamin, so you don't need to worry about vitamin intoxication. Your body will excrete what it does not need or use. I started to notice a notable change after 2 weeks.

Another vote for B-12 here! I've got pernicious anaemia so I need a shot every two months. Since getting these shots, I've noticed that my stress and anxiety levels have decreased massively.

jperd21

I suffered from anxiety for a long time. Daily exercise and a good diet will beat a prescription any day. But that's just for me. Different strokes for different folks.

FuZyOn

I got diagnosed with depression in the past and really, you're not going to benefit a lot from prescriptions. It personally didn't help, it probably depends on the person but there are better ways out there like meditation, hobbies, groups and so on.
Medication is just something temporary.

IshieVonDyson

I used to wonder sometimes if I could use medication, but it’s not practical for me, so I’ve had to find other outlets. Exercise, yoga/meditation and herbal teas have alleviated a lot of my stress and anxiety, so much so that I no longer feel like I need medication. Self-care practices as well. I’ve found out a lot of my stress and anxiety stem from trying to do too much for too many people, getting spread too thin, and not taking any time out for myself.

lushlala

I like most people, go through anxiety and stress, but I choose to just ride it out without taking anything for it. I'm more wary of becoming addicted and reliant on the pills and not being able to ever come off them. I don't think it's healthy to take something for life. My husband has anxiety problems sometimes and it can be crippling. A simple thing such as going for a business meeting can cripple him with with nerves, something I can't quite wrap my head around. I get nervous, but I don't see it as a negative, I just work with it.

oraclemay

There are many natural alternatives that can be taken for stress. Many foods contain stress reducing ingredients that naturally occur. Exercising your body and doing something you enjoy also helps. Meditation and breathing exercises will also help to relax you. You need to work on a daily routine incorporating these.