Do you think People should be entitled to Carry Concealed Weapons

Do you feel People should be allowed to carry concealed weapons

• Yes, Civilians should be able to carry concealed weapon

Votes: 25 62.5%
  • No, I don't believe civilians should carry concealed carry permits

Votes: 15 37.5%

• Total voters

Determined2014

Life has become so risky this days, one does not when he or she might have to defend themselves, si I definately agree with civilians carrying armed weapons that have a permit, as long as they have had a background check done on them.

askanison

If you are mentally fit and not a criminal you should be allowed to conceal and carry with a valid permit. It is in the constitution and one of the rights of all citizens to bear arms should the need arise. The criminals are going to have guns either way, so why shouldn't a decent law abiding citizen have the same option.

Profit5500

Life has become so risky this days, one does not when he or she might have to defend themselves, si I definately agree with civilians carrying armed weapons that have a permit, as long as they have had a background check done on them.
Things have become more risky so I would be more careful in big cities and places where there are secluded areas. I do think I should be able to carry my weapon to make myself feel safer. As long as someone is not crazy and mentally incapable then I feel people should be able to carry conceal.

grantcal

What would happen if that day comes where you are being mugged and you have no way to protect yourself. If your a real man you will change your thinking towards never letting that happen again

Edreid567

Why wouldn't you protect yourself when you can. If you aren't carrying it's like having a car with no gas in it

btatro

I completely agree that guns themselves are not the problem. People are the problem. There are good people (who will carry a gun for protection, etc) and their are bad people (who will carry a gun for crime, intimidation, etc). It really has nothing to do with the gun itself. Either you are a person that makes good, honest choices OR you're not.

Doulachic79

My husband carries a concealed weapons permit and has two guns. The legality does not propel people to use guns against each other. It is those who obtain weapons illegally that we need to worry about.

ic3squid

My husband carries a concealed weapons permit and has two guns. The legality does not propel people to use guns against each other. It is those who obtain weapons illegally that we need to worry about.

Yep, you got it right there, bulls eye. A lot of people argue that allowing weapons to be possessed of legally is causing all of these school shootings, but the illegal weapons are mostly used most of the time.

bradyjim86

Let me carry the weapon if I so choose. If I do the wrong thing with that weapon then I should pay the price. GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE DO

ic3squid

Let me carry the weapon if I so choose. If I do the wrong thing with that weapon then I should pay the price. GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE DO

Yeah, but the thing is most school shootings or something like that are done by a guy with an illegal gun, so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

owenzw2

I have a concealed carry license. Everytime I go with my wife to the mall I carry my weapon. There have been so many muggings in parking lots and I won't take a chance. I believe everyone as long as they aren't mentally ill should be able to have a concealed carry license. I would almost bet that anyone that has ever been attacked, mugged or robbed will go and qualify for their conceal carry weapons license so they never have to worry about the same thing happening again.

Kate

Yes... and I'm so glad this question came up. I am so sick to death of hearing the "gun control" whiners everywhere I go. It's like people who have that mindset have no concept about what our 2nd amendment rights are. And telling them that if we let someone mess with the 2nd amendment, guess what... next they'll go for the 1st amendment rights.

The other argument I hear *way* too much of is "but people shoot up schools with guns!" By that point, if I can wipe the look of disbelief from my face, I usually try to calmly ask if they really think those kinds of people won't get the guns illegally if they want to do something like that? It doesn't register.

Okay, granted this is a concealed weapons question and I'm going on about gun control, but eventually all these issues about the 2nd amendment blend into each other.

Frankly I used to (and still do) go back and forth on the "concealed" part of this. I get nervous wondering if the guy at the next table in McD's who's yelling obscenities at his children is carrying a gun... but then I realize that unstable people don't need to be given "permission" to carry... they've probably been doing it all along anyhow.

jfarlea

I'm also tired of the whiners. I don't want my rights taken away nor infringed. So gun grabbers MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS

Profit5500

I have a concealed carry license. Everytime I go with my wife to the mall I carry my weapon. There have been so many muggings in parking lots and I won't take a chance. I believe everyone as long as they aren't mentally ill should be able to have a concealed carry license. I would almost bet that anyone that has ever been attacked, mugged or robbed will go and qualify for their conceal carry weapons license so they never have to worry about the same thing happening again.
I would not blame you for carrying your weapon in the store and out to the parking lot. It does not take long for a mugger to rob you at gunpoint. With your weapon at the ready you can defend yourself from the attack.

wulfman

I still don't believe civilians should be allowed anythng more than a rock. You know how many psychotics are out there. Giving civilians guns just means a higher death toll when tragedies do happen. How much can a psycho do with a knife or a bat before he is taken down ? Exactly.

Kate

A rock? A *rock?!* I just can't see myself stopping a mugger with ... a rock. I'd be killed before I'd lift that sucker up to bop 'im over the head if he had a knife or gun on me.

"Now you just put that knife down, young man, before I have to bop you over the head with my trusty rock." Nah, I'd have to hope that he'd double over while laughing at me and give me a chance to get away before he stops chuckling.

cjdatk

A rock? A *rock?!* I just can't see myself stopping a mugger with ... a rock. I'd be killed before I'd lift that sucker up to bop 'im over the head if he had a knife or gun on me.

"Now you just put that knife down, young man, before I have to bop you over the head with my trusty rock." Nah, I'd have to hope that he'd double over while laughing at me and give me a chance to get away before he stops chuckling.

Kate, this is why you want to carry a gun not a rock, we are not in caveman days. It only takes 1.2 seconds for most men to move 15 feet with a knife, by the time you would lift you arm up with a rock you will have already been stabbed. I do realize your making fun of the situation.

wulfman

I mean only guns for cops and military. No guns for civilians Kate. Robbers and addicts and junkies would all have no access. It is difficult especially with a country like Mexico south of the United States. If we can't keep out people, how are we supposed to keep out guns lol. My post was based on the assumption that only military level persons had weapons. NOBODY ELSE.

Kate

Kate, this is why you want to carry a gun not a rock, we are not in caveman days. It only takes 1.2 seconds for most men to move 15 feet with a knife, by the time you would lift you arm up with a rock you will have already been stabbed. I do realize your making fun of the situation.

Not making fun of per se, no... just... well, I just needed to read it a few times to see if it was a serious statement. Wulfman explained that it is indeed what he meant, and that people should only be able to protect themselves with a rock, so I didn't know what else to say except that I strongly disagree and enjoy my constitutional rights that my ancestors and closer relatives fought and died to provide.

You're right, cjdatk... by the time I'd lift that rock, I'd be dead or severely wounded, yes... that's exactly what I meant.

davidj96

I think that civilians should certainly be allowed to carry a concealed weapon, and/or have one in their possession. Of course, we don't want the weapon in the hands of someone who has been to prison before, or is just not eligible to be trusted with a weapon, but your normal american citizen should be able to protect them self. Not all cops, but some, tend to stop citizens and strip them of their weapon and arrest them just because they're exercising their right to carry a firearm, as stated in the Bill of Rights. In my opinion, that's not the right thing to do. Having a firearm does not make us suspects.