Does Retaliation Concern Cops?

Rainman

Criminals, when they are arrested can promise the officer who makes the arrest that once they get out [of prison/jail] they'll have to get their vengeance [for being arrested]. While in most cases this is nothing more than just 'tough talk' do police take seriously such threats of retaliation? If they do, how do they protect themselves when the criminal finally is released from prison?

januz101

If I'm in the shoe of the arresting officer I would just shrug it off and tell him to try it if he can, because I will file every possible case against him so that he will never walk outside freely ever again.. And tell him that threatening a police officer is a criminal case which is punishable by 20 years imprisonment. Though this part right here is a lie, but the criminal does'nt know that for sure. In here I am going to employ a scare tactics. :)

bala

If I'm in the shoe of the arresting officer I would just shrug it off and tell him to try it if he can, because I will file every possible case against him so that he will never walk outside freely ever again.. And tell him that threatening a police officer is a criminal case which is punishable by 20 years imprisonment. Though this part right here is a lie, but the criminal does'nt know that for sure. In here I am going to employ a scare tactics. :)
Ha ha..apt techniques in deed.had i been in your shoes i would point a pistol right in his head and scare him saying "min-blowing" when he scares me with his pranks.That sure terrorize him,and as you said law suits can help big time too.The cops have a thousand layers to protect themselves.

js85

I think it's just something criminals will say to feel powerful, in a powerless situation. I think the police officers should know they always have the upper hand in the face of violence, with specialized training, gear, and backup.

bala

I think it's just something criminals will say to feel powerful, in a powerless situation. I think the police officers should know they always have the upper hand in the face of violence, with specialized training, gear, and backup.
No,we are not talking abt that..:p
It is like.a fool can bring down the earth and similarly an amateur who seeks revenge will just do anything.We can only scare him and leave it at that.What if you are cornered,will you fight your way out..?

Rainman

I think it's just something criminals will say to feel powerful, in a powerless situation.
I agree with you up to a certain point. Some people may be more vocal than others. So they'll just say something stupid in the heat of the moment. The worst ones are those who may say nothing but have their henchmen come after you. So either way there's some risk of someone or their friends trying to seek vengeance and cops should be prepared for anything.