Getting myself ready to begin the police academy

tvogel371

Hey everybody! I'm getting myself ready to begin the police academy, I was just wondering what is it like mentally and physically. What can I do to prepare for it?

tbrannon44

Be in really good shape when you arrive and pay attention in class. You are going to have full days of both academics and physical activities. Also alot of yelling in your face and taking orders.

joshua minaya

Before going into the police academy it is certainly a good idea for the individual to be adequately prepared and if possible try to communicate with those who have experienced it before you this way you are guaranteed to learn a lot from them.

Profit5500

You can research guides online and on videos how to survive the police academy. Its going to test your mettle and your physical ability. Change what you eat and exercise immediately get in the best physical shape so you can past the physical exams.

GemmaRowlands

It goes without saying that this is probably going to be one of the hardest experiences of your entire life, if not THE hardest experience. But it will also be one of the most rewarding ones when you get to the end of your training and manage to get a job that is going to help a lot of people. There might be times when you feel as though you want to give up, but know that if you have got through to the training stage then you ARE capable of finishing it, and you simply need to push through and get to the end of your journey.

joshua minaya

Before joining the academy i strongly belief that on your own it would be highly recommended for you to be physically fit.This is something you can easily achieve by doing lots of exercise and that is a fact because in the long run it will help you.

Riggy

Prepare to take a shouting to the face, to be insulted and you definitely have to be in shape! It's a very tough experience so prepare yourself mentally for everything that will happen. Mind over body! Just think about you succeeded with the academy, not with the academy itself. When you don't have anything to look forward to or a goal, you will fail. Good luck!

milyjohnson

I wish you luck with joining the academy. It will definitely be a lot of work, but it will be worth it to you in the end. I know you will do a lot of physical things and you will probably go through a lot of mental abuse from the other police. It's all to get you prepared for what you will face out there.

Profit5500

If you are ready to go to the academy then just remember what advice that was given here. I wish you luck in being a cop its going to be a long and stressful road but its well worth it.