Have you ever been in a physical fight?

primalclaws1974

I am wondering who here has been in a fight, where you were hit and you hit back? Did you or the other person call the police? Did a bystander or neighbor? Did you get charged? What was the outcome of that? I am not proud of it, but my first wife and I used to hit each other. She had hit me like a man for a long time, and all I would do was restrain her. After about the 5th time of being punched, I hit back. There were two different incidents where we were both hauled into the police station. Both times, the matter got dropped. She broke my nose one time by head-butting me. After that, we were not together much longer.

LitoLawless

I was in one physical fight my whole life and I didn't win it either. I was really young and there was this kid that would always bother me (among other people). He busted my lip and apologized and ran away (which I thought was weird). We became friends years later so it's all good.

Shimus

I got into a fight where the cops got called and were forced to break me and another person up. They were trying to steal and hurt my family, so I got down and dirty. I won't say I won or crushed him, as the cops broke it up. But I was fighting for what I believed was right. And we both ended up getting citations =/

Goes to show you, even fighting for what you believe in isn't always right. Should try to work problems out, to be certain. But when there are scumbags about, sometimes you just gotta thump them a time or two.

GemmaRowlands

I was once in a fight when somebody walked up to me in the centre of town for no reason at all and started hitting me. I never found out why they did it, and I was too shocked to hit back at first, but the end I had to do something because I don't think they would have stopped otherwise. So I hit them back while I waited for help, and luckily because it was in such a public place, there were police officers not too far away who came to help me. I was very, very grateful for the police who were on the streets that day, without a doubt.

missbishi

Only at school. There was this one bully who wouldn't leave me alone for ages. Eventually, something inside me snapped and I punched her square in the face. It ended up becoing a full blown fight and we both got suspended for a week. However, she never said a word to me after that. I don't regret it, sometimes theres only one language people understand.

Peninha

I used to be in quite a few fights when I was a kid, but not after that. Not even in my teen years I was in fights, I am a peaceful person.

primalclaws1974

I was bullied as a kid, and got beat up a couple times. The funny thing was that it was the same person, and he always hit me in front of an audience. I didn't fight back, because he was bigger, and a well-known fighter. I was around fourteen when this went down. I saw him around town for many years, but I didn't trust him. When I was in my thirties I finally forgave him for beating me up and ridiculing me, and I would talk to him if I saw him out and about. He died in 2008. I never told him how he had made me feel all those years. I wish I would have.

Kittyworker

Back in school I got into a lot of 'fights' though they were all with my friends. Our little group was made up of people who were a bit hot tempered and anything could set us off. Usually we would fight and then be best of friends again in a few hours. I've never been in a fight outside of school or since I turned 14. I began to realize that I could hurt people in other ways that they wouldn't know it was me and I wouldn't get in trouble.

Profit5500

As far as physical fights I had some with my brother when we were younger and I would lose. In school, I almost got into a complete physical fight with someone after they were threatening to beat me up which I had pushed him. He was shocked with what I did to him and backed off.

Shimus

The only other time I can recall was in highschool. I was the fat nerdy kid (still kind of am, just less fat) that the rednecks love to torture, and especially when they had a friend. Whenever they'd pass me in the hall they'd purposely slam into me or say comments as I walked by. One day, I can tell he was making his fake "stumble" into me to knock me into the wall and I sidestepped it and he slammed right into the wall and then came flying off the handle to me. I popped him just one time, in the mouth. My hand got stuck in his braces and tore the skin on my middle knuckle open. Still have a scar there to this day. But it was worth it. Every last drop of blood I spilled. Heard I bent his braces. We both got suspended.

shilpa123

I have never been in physical fight as I think it is very violent. I do not think it solves our issue in may given point. Hence there is no point in quarrelling.

Shimus

I have never been in physical fight as I think it is very violent. I do not think it solves our issue in may given point. Hence there is no point in quarrelling.

Sometimes fights are unavoidable, no matter how much you do not seek them out. I agree there really is no point, but a lot of other people don't see it that way and this is what causes friction, and ultimately a fight.

In these situations, defending oneself is the best ideas. Don't let your bullies push you around or they always will. Scare them a bit.

shilpa123

I have never been in a physical fight as I think it is totally worthless. I believe it is best to get your things done exactly when they should be done. I think it is best to try and understand everything about your life before getting into fight.

RingoBerry

Fortunately no one has ever called the cops on me despite of all the squabbles and trouble I've gotten myself into but I have called the cops on a classmate before for pointing a knife on me an another classmate.

Shimus

@Ringo, that was the proper usage of calling the cops. When threatened by a weapon in school grounds (or even not) it's wise to call in help even if they yell at for being the "Boy who cried wolf" (if nothing happened.)

It's always better to be safe then sorry. I have helped people break up fights though, and I've mediated a fair bit more than that.

RingoBerry

@Ringo, that was the proper usage of calling the cops. When threatened by a weapon in school grounds (or even not) it's wise to call in help even if they yell at for being the "Boy who cried wolf" (if nothing happened.)

It's always better to be safe then sorry. I have helped people break up fights though, and I've mediated a fair bit more than that.

Yeah I believe we did the right thing although other kids pretty much held it against us.

Shimus

They can hold it against you no matter how long it goes. Being safe and living is better than getting life-long injuries in a temporary brash/rash sense of "Justice" for fighting them. Plus, it just feels better to take the road of umbrage.

shilpa123

I do not think getting into a physical fight is the solution for anything. It is best if we do not think that we should ever get into any sort of physical fight.

Shimus

We got that the first two times you said it. Maybe next time you can offer some insight beyond "I do not think getting into a physical fight is the solution for anything."

Sometimes it's unavoidable. And when you post like this it makes me think you're just here for post count. Not even trying to hold more than a two line conversation. Even if your English is bad, you should try a bit harder.

Helped plenty of friends out of fights, though.

missbishi

I do not think getting into a physical fight is the solution for anything. It is best if we do not think that we should ever get into any sort of physical fight.

I understood that the first two times but tell me, what am I supposed to do if someone starts trying to beat me up? Just stand there and take it? Oh no sir, I'm going to fight back.