Have you ever been in a physical fight?

Shimus

Exactly. You'd normally want to fight back, it's an instinct to live - other people pacifists or not would defend themselves given the gravity of the situation of dying or living. If you just sit there and take it lying down you're not a human, rather a piece of trash. Life is meant to be lived.

musicmonster

Fortunately for me, I haven't experienced getting myself into a physical fight. It is not because I am coward, but I do believe that everything can be toned down when people talk about their issues and remain to be calm.

Gelsemium

It's been a long time since I was in a fight. Most likely I was still living with my parents and I fought with my brother, that happened once in a while...

jeremy2

I am wondering who here has been in a fight, where you were hit and you hit back? Did you or the other person call the police? Did a bystander or neighbor? Did you get charged? What was the outcome of that? I am not proud of it, but my first wife and I used to hit each other. She had hit me like a man for a long time, and all I would do was restrain her. After about the 5th time of being punched, I hit back. There were two different incidents where we were both hauled into the police station. Both times, the matter got dropped. She broke my nose one time by head-butting me. After that, we were not together much longer.
As a young kid growing up in a violent neighborhood, fights among different gang boys where the order of the day.I remember this particular fight that i had with the neighborhood bully and it got really nasty.After the dust had settled,i had two broken teeth but the other guy suffered a broken rib and a dislocated shoulder.My recent fight was with my current wife and she can really kick hard.I normally restrain her during those times and keep my cool.

stevesxs9

We were at a football game and some fans of the home team came over to the visitor's side where we were. They were intoxicated and started taunting us, and then they got violent and stated throwing punches. Well we defended ourselves and the Police came and took them to jail where they belonged. We didn't get hurt but they had a few bruises.

shilpa123

I have never been in a physical fight and I feel that it is totally not worth it. I think it is best to not use any physical force on anybody.

Shimus

Friends were telling me about a time a group just came up and jumped him for no reason. Not even to mug him, just to pick a fight. There are these types of people you can't reason or reckon with unless you have fist back to say to them.

Rainman

As an adult I've never had to fight anyone. Yeah there has been some shirt grabbing and that kind of stuff but it didn't end in blows. I learned to control my rage because I've seen people fight and kill others accidentally. You know, once it's done it's done. You'll regret having killed someone but it can't be undone. I hope that even as I age I won't ever have to fight anyone. You never gain anything from it.

dyanmarie25

I have never really been into a serious physical fight before. But when I was a kid, my brother and I used to hate each other, and sometimes we would fight, but just a normal sibling fight (if there's such thing as that). Anyway, we were just kids back then so it really didn't matter.

Determined2014

Yes I hae , it was with my ex husband, though Inever hit him back, I was so tiny and he was too tall, he hit my fore head with his knee couple times, bursted my head open with a glass bottle and threw me down the stairs, his parents called the cops, since he had a record of violence ,he was sentenced to five years in jail.

Gelsemium

lol, I find funny that a lot of people refers to fighting between brothers as the physical fights they have been involved in. Strange that it happens or not, it happened with me too.

Profit5500

Yes I hae , it was with my ex husband, though Inever hit him back, I was so tiny and he was too tall, he hit my fore head with his knee couple times, bursted my head open with a glass bottle and threw me down the stairs, his parents called the cops, since he had a record of violence ,he was sentenced to five years in jail.
Serves him right he deserves what punishment he was getting. He should not have put his hands on you. Have you recovered completely from this horrific attack?

Gelsemium

I don't think it's necessary to use physical force and I would only do it if I had to defense myself or someone from being abused. Fortunately I haven't been placed in such situations.